Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AL was a great Colleen, I thought, and while she had chemistry as Colleen with both JT and Korbell, the actor playing Korbell was dull and the whole relationship with the professor gave me the squicks.

• Members

The chemistry between AL's Colleen (a. a role that I vastly preferred to hers on GH, even if she was the daughter of my beloved Nedley and Lois; b. who was a fantastic way to transition Colleen into young womanhood after LF left) and Korbel is what prevented it from being a terrible turn for the character. Under lesser chops, it would've damaged the standing of Colleen in my eyes.

• Members

I've been afraid to check out her take on Colleen because of the massive backlash against her (the fact that they killed the character off instead of recasting her is a huge red flag) and prefer to remember her without the stench of bad acting (from what I've heard of AL's replacement aplenty).

• Members

I really didn't like Justis Bolding as the last Sarah on OLTL. She ruined the character for me, and she had no chemistry with Andrea Evans. I didn't feel a bond between Tina and Sarah because Justis was a bad actress and so unlikable.

Eric Martsolf seems to be a nice guy offscreen but I really don't get the appeal of him. He's not THAT good looking and he comes across as smarmy and full of himself onscreen. Didn't like him on Passions and don't like him on DAYS from what I've seen. He seems like a low rent Ryan Reynolds to me in terms of looks and acting style. He's a decent actor but not likable.

Cynthia Preston is a competent actress and I like her but she is TERRIBLE at playing a villainess. So I didn't enjoy anything from what I saw of her GH run. I've seen her try to play vixens in a couple movies and she was so bad at it. From all of her roles where she's a villainess/vixen, she gets very one note and shrill. She's much, much better at being a heroine or a supporting character.

I don't get what was so terrible about Alexandra Wilson on Another World. She was great as Josie but most people thought she was very annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I never understood what was so great about Sal Stowers and her Cassandra character on online All My Children.

The story line, more suited for Days of Our Lives rather than AMC, was tedious and Stowers' acting reached the point of sheer camp. Truth is, I found myself laughing at several key moments when I knew I wasn't supposed to.

AND, although I had been watching AMC since 1992, I had never even heard of this person before.

The only good thing that came of this was by year's end when Soap Opera Digest deemed the clunker to be the Worst Story of the Year.

Archived