Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Members

There is nothing GL could've done to keep her. GH afforded her the opportunity to become a big fish in a big pond rather than playing third fiddle to Zimmer and Ehlers one of the lowest rated shows in the genre, which was under constant threat of cancellation. GH gave her more money, more airtime, more exposure, and the challenge of playing a different character, one who wasn't dramatically exhausted.

As for her replacement, Forester is a pretty good actress who was horribly miscast in the Cassie role. Cassie really should've been written out when LW left.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guy Wilson has so far come off as a block of wood to me, though I guess I need a few more weeks for him to get into it better. DAYS' wardrobe department really need to learn how gay men in their 20s dress. Poor Will & Sonny look like they're soccer dads in their 40s. Though, given their story as of late, I guess that's fitting.

• Members

I hate Lucy too but not because she's a "ho". I just hate her because I think she's annoying as hell! She's way too neurotic and nervous, and it's not entertaining at all.

Could never stand Jen Lilley or Meredith Scott Lynn. When I read about them being on DAYS, I watched less and less.

• Members

I liked Nicole Forester as Cassie. Something I've always thought is that it would have been better to cast her as Lucy Cooper given she started on the same day as the new Alan-Michael, and she worked well with Beth Ehlers (Harley) and the Coopers in general when she had absolutely no chemistry with Kim Zimmer and wasn't believable as Reva's sister. Still, the hate towards her was insane. Wheeler's obsession with Josh and Cassie did her no favours. I always felt she'd have won a lot of people over had they gone the crazy Cassie route in 2007 after Tammy died.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Not a big fan of Robin Mattson as Heather. She really can't make cartoonish villainy entertaining. Heather should have been played by an actress like Holland Taylor, Tari Signor, McKenzie Westmore, Andrea Evans, or Barbara Rhoades!

Since Cartini is always so hellbent on doing "winks" and "shout outs", Barbara Rhoades would have been perfect as Franco's mother. Like how she was Todd's Mommie Dearest on OLTL. And Rhoades is far, far more entertaining than Howarth at cartoonish villainy!

• Members

My UO tends to be the same every year - I don't buy that Sonny or Maurice Benard are the huge problem at GH and if they are gone, it will be sunshine and rainbows. I would be fine if he left, but the show is garbage whether he's there or not, and the fantasies of how Maurice Benard is ruining everything (poor precious Julian!!!) belong in 2004, not 2014.

• Members

I've begun to think that the soap psycho is a trope that is outdated. Granted, I've never been drawn to psychos but I feel like the days of the omnipotent lunatic who can bend time and space and re-write history should be left to sci-fi. I can't remember the last time I found a soap psycho genuinely threatening.

• Members

They are almost always campy now, or even if they aren't intended, they are played that way. I was watching some AMC clips last night of Silver (the real Silver) when she went nuts, and she was scary as hell. I haven't felt that way about anyone on soaps in eons. The last time I was scared on a soap was when Kelly Sullivan was onscreen.

• Members

Carl is gonna bitch slap me from here to west hell but I like BC/Morgan. I don't find him horrid.

I'm glad AS/Sami is leaving DAYS. The show has relied too heavily on this one character. I'm hoping with her gone, the show will become an ensemble again and revert back telling gripping stories like I've seen from old episodes on YT.

I preferred Sami with Lucas or Rafe. IDC, for the uber popular EJAMI. Only rapemance I'll ship is GL Holly and Roger because it was well written, complex, and MZ/MG's chemistry was unmatched.

I want Lindsey Hartley to pop up on another soap. Preferably BB or YR. I loved Terrorsita, Arianna, and MasCara. I wouldn't mind Robert Gorrie, Rob Wilson, or Kelly Missal (who is IMO better than KA) to book soap jobs too.

I liked the actress that played Destiny on OLTL 2.0. I think she had potential to become decent overtime.

I actually liked HS at ATWT when he had a strong writer, Carolyn Cuillton, behind him.

I didn't mind RH as Paul. I just hated them forcing his love for NutMeg unto us when his best pairing was my precious Roseanna.

I loved the San Cristobal/Santos clan on GL from start to finish. Must see years for me.

• Members

I agree about Maurice Bernard. I don't like him at all but there are other actors and actresses who are worse than him. On GH and on other soaps. I thought Natalia Livingston was awful as GH's Emily but these days I'd take her back on the show over half the people currently on.

I despise Will on DAYS. I don't watch DAYS that much anymore but each actor that played him was abysmal. The guy with the curly hair, Chandler Massey, and Guy Wilson were unwatchable for me. I could never believe him as Sami and Lucas's son. Wasn't that big a fan of Sami or Lucas but it's too bad they had that jabroni as their son.

As for campy soap psychos, it does get very tiresome. But what's more is that there are some actors and actresses who can't even ham it up in an entertaining way. It goes beyond the writing and campy acting. Some performers make it funny, others make it abysmal. Actresses like Holland Taylor, Tonja Walker Davidson, Erika Slezak as Niki Smith, Tari Signor, Barbara Rhoades, McKenzie Westmore, Amelia Marshall, and Kathleen Gati make it funny. I think it may be down to the "crazy cat lady" feel of the performances, that's why they make me laugh! Hunt Block's "acting" as OLTL's Ramsey cracked me up!

Other than all of them, the rest of the actors and actresses hamming it up on soaps are just annoying as hell. Howarth, Carolyn Hennesy, Ron Moss, Michael Muhney, Michelle Stafford, JPL, Farah Fath, Barbara Garrick, Kristen Alderson, Kelli McCarty, David Gregory, Nic Robuck, Lenny Platt, Bree Williamson, Tuc Watkins, Terrell Tilford, Robin Mattson, William Devry, Kelly Sullivan, among others. Some of their characters were supposed to be villains, some were supposed to be "heroes", but either way their OTT horrible acting was always very aggravating instead of being fun to watch.

The ONLY thing I liked about Kelly Sullivan's Connie was that hilarious accent! But she couldn't even keep that going since when Connie appeared as a ghost, she didn't have that funny accent. Everything else about her was terrible.

Archived