Unpopular Opinions of 2014

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Happiness doesn't create drama.

That being said, there's no reason why a couple can't be happy, as long as the characters (or at least one of the two) have some kind of story/drama going on.

Endless scenes of characters walking around kissing, being happy, saccharine, talking about what great sex they had, about their lovely vacations, etc, does not a storyline make.

Furthermore, a couple can be happy but still have sore spots or arguments. They can still have complicated dynamics.

It's the constant sunshine and perfection that is the problem.

• Members

Technically Nikki and Victor are a happy couple they have their share of drama but they have their lovely dovey moments too. I just can't stand the hypocrite Newmans and both have been annoying me for months.

Like Lame and their constant sunshine with their kids. I'm tired of hearing them gush about their amazing children. I get enough of that in real life from my cousin's girlfriend constantly gushing about her amazing kid.

• Members

Exactly. Victor & Nikki are relatively happy but still have a very complicated relationship and several issues to argue over.

Lame is one of the WORST. I cannot believe there are stans out there who salivate at the thought of seeing these two forever sugary and talking about how great the twins are... and, worse, the network enables it!

• Members

Pretty much. While I may not necessarily be a fan of some of these pairings (namely because I am not a fan of one half of that pairing), them being happily committed in a relationship has nothing to do with it.

That dreadful example of some wanting an alcoholic to be with the scum that thrives off of him being in the gutter simply proves my point.

• Members

Okay, let's unpack that, Virginia. Which part of what I'm doing or saying or feeling is wrong to you?

• I like A.J. and Liz for one set of reasons and don't find them boring
  • I like A.J. and Carly for another set of reasons
  • I want both couples to battle it out for years to come with a fourth party for Liz as well
  • I find a vast swath of the characters on Y&R - be they white, black or fuschia - boring as hell

Please enlighten me, or us, or folk as to how we should properly process what we watch.

Archived