DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't know what to make of this tweet, but CM stans are saying its homophobic and "Disgusting and truly humiliating to Freddie and Chandler. This is simply making a mockery of the LGBT community"

Guy Wilson @THEguywilson 1h

at Ralph's for midnight hollywood grocery shopping aka is she a chick or a tranny (?) and will he/she pleeeze stop touching all the grapes

• Members

Some actors use glycerin. Other actors can just do that.

It's kind of funny to see that gif, because Jensen Ackles does that type of thing a lot.

KKL does too (not sure if she still does now - I rarely watch Brooke scenes since 2002 or so).

Or do you mean the tear just vanishes? That might be a lighting thing.

• Members

A lot of the time it's glycerin, or tear sticks. Some actors can just do it - I don't know how. (my father still asks if Brooke cries out of just one eye).

Unless it was scripted for him to cry I'd kind of guess Vaughan did it himself.

• Members

That's not rape, as you so obviously expressed. It's some form of bargaining or at worst a kind of blackmail. Ultimately Sami gained something in their exchange and she complied to get something she wanted, hard to call that "rape" hard as the show might try.

• Members

When I first heard Greg was going to DAYS, I fist-pumped and then thought "Oh, I hope they don't ask him to cry," (a reference to an infamous graveside scene on GH... bless his heart, he did his best, but... er... no).

Whether that was a real tear or was helped along by drops or glycerin, he totally sold it. Sure showed me.

• Members

Under California law, rape is an act of sexual intercourse against the will of the victim that can occur under a variety of circumstances, including when:

• the victim is prevented from resisting due to alcohol or drug intoxication.
  • the assailant uses physical force or the threat of force to over-power and control the victim.
  • the victim fears that she or he or another will be injured if the victim does not submit.
  • the victim is at the time unconscious of the nature of the act, and this is known to the assailant.
  • the victim is incapable of giving legal consent due to a mental disorder or developmental or physical disability, and this is known or reasonably should be known to the assailant.
  • the act is accomplished by threatening to use the authority of a public official to incarcerate, arrest, or deport the victim or another person.
  • the assailant uses duress, such as a direct or implied threat of hardship or retribution, to coerce the victim.
  • the assailant uses force, fear, or threats to accomplish sexual intercourse against the will of the spouse. (This provision of the law is known as the "spousal rape law.")

Source: http://www.scu.edu/wellness/topics/sexualassault/What-is-the-Ca-law-regarding-rape.cfm

Archived