DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't think Days has the Emmy stigma it once had. Not with the genre down to four mainstream soaps.

Marlena vs Kristen was fire yesterday and when Eric showed up by the lake where Kristen was waiting for Brady, I literally squeeeed. Another confrontation I've been dying to see!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nicole: Covering for JJ makes you seem like a sleaze.

No. Daniel makes Daniel look like a sleaze. JJ's got nothing to do with it! But the Dicole scenes weren't completely horrible yesterday. I wish Daniel would hang out with someone else though, like an assassin!

Y'all didn't tell me Mumbles was on yesterday! Bleh!

Love Sonny with Ari, and love T! wub.png

• Members

Nicole, you wimp. I thought she was going to whoop Kristen when she grabbed her "scrawny flesh", then Kristen shoves her ass and she does the slow slide down the wall.

Every time I look at Kristen in that cape I think of the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry and Elaine see George's father talking to a man in a cape (Larry David). "Is it even cape weather?"

It just dawned on me... Maggie's been on the show for years but I remember SC from ATWT. Who used to play Daniel or was SC an insta-adult child?

• Members

Shawn Christian is Daniel's sole portrayer. It was revealed during MarDar's reign in 2011/2012 that Daniel was conceived through artifiicial insemination because his mother (whom we've never met) could not have children. It was ret-conned that in the past Maggie had donated some of her eggs at one point and Victor knew all about Maggie being Daniel's biological mother.

• Members

The ending was so silly - the way Nicole repeatedly kept rear-ending Kristen and the impact was like...

bump_1879916c.jpg

It spoiled what was an otherwise amazing episode. Eric/Kristen was amazing - I loved how she tried to b.s. him and he said he wasn't as stupid as Brady lol.

Brady absolving Victor, but not Marlena handwavery to justify at best, but it sets up tension for Doc and the fart whisperer when he returns.

Maggie crying was painful.

Mary Beth Evans is criminally underused on this show (and no, I don't want to see Stephen Nichols ever again).

• Members

Kristen running around Salem in that cape was amazing. Her confrontation with Eric was excellent: she kept her lies in order while Eric crumbled in front of her. And then Nicole comes out swinging and rams Kristen's car with her own? Awesome.

I liked the Maggie/Daniel scenes. He doesn't bother me, I can't explain it.

And a Johnny sighting! Coolest kid in daytime.

• Members

Today was a bit of a let-down between Kristen & Eric and Kristen & Nicole. With Eric, something was just missing. Hardly enough outrage by Eric - it just felt off. With Nicole, it was way too short. After all the great scenes these two had during the past year, I expected a bit more. On the plus side, it was VERY Nicole to chase Kristen's car and then start ramming it! THAT was believable to me. :)

• Members

I agree it is realistic for Nicole to do that, it was the execution that fell flat for me - whenever she rammed Kristen, it was like bumper cars. Unless they were going at 10 miles an hour, ramming someone doesn't just make a noise and a shudder - You loose control of the vehicle! Took about 5 attempts from Nicole to get that effect!

Archived