DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've run out of superlatives to describe the fall-out from this video. Sometimes the fallout is a disappointment after the reveal but Monday's was almost as good as Friday's episode. Eileen Davidson and Greg Vaughan were in a class of their own. ED is exceptional, from the most convincing set of lies I have ever seen to the cracks showing near the end.

GV was probably the most moving, throwing his robes at Marlena's feet, watching the video in silence, giving the side-eye to the statue of the Madonna and Child after Marlena left. This was also the first time Eric fought back when Brady attacked him again -- this was the point Eric could no longer turn the other cheek.

JA was amazing as Victor behind he is so cold and ruthless about selling Marlena and Eric down the river that I had to kind of agree with Maggie. Sure, KiiiRiiAKiiis first, but it is a shame that the Victor-Marlena alliance is at such a bitter end. They could have found a mutually beneficial way to break up Brady and Kristen.

T was cute jumping over the counter but I don't know the character well enough to say whether he and Abby should become the next Young Coupling. And, while I like Blake Berris, man is Nick skeeving me out.

OK Kyle Richards :rolleyes: but her hair did look good.

• Members

She did look great. And when Jen first popped up onscreen last week it didn't immediately dawn on me that she was headed to a wedding which would explain why I thought she looked amazing. It's crazy what zhoosing up someone's hair a bit can do. I almost swore that they put a filter on her because even the lines in her face were gone. Heavier makeup I guess.

• Members

Today was even better than yesterday for me, the Marlena vs Kristen scenes were outstanding as expected and the ending when Kristen (in her cape lol) sees Eric in the park! Can't wait for tomorrow - they are really playing all the beats with this. David Cherrill knocks his second consecutive episode out the park.

Imagine if Tomsell wrote DAYS every month like sweeps? February, May and now November have been standout brilliant. That's not to say that the other months haven't been good, but they feel like filler in comparison. I guess the differentiating factor has been plot movement, which can be somewhat non-existent in non sweeps months.

Love Love! Gonna miss this batshit crazy lady so much.

• Members

Loved the ED/DH scenes today. The gun scene was particularly shocking. I'm so glad Kristen told Marlena that she was willing to sacrifice her loved ones' happiness in order to destroy her. The reality is that while Kristen has done bad things (as usual), Marlena really needs to be taken to task by everyone else as to why she is so obsessed with Kristen that she would stoop to be Victor's errand girl (hello, download the stuff from the phone - Victor -"Now be a good girl, Marlena, forget your clients and go find Kristen's phone." Marlena really had no real fight in this "Brady" thing - just her hatred. Victor, at least, wanted to "protect" his grandson.

• Members

The Emmy's have been warming up to Days for awhile now. Darin Brooks, Tamara Braun, Chandler Massey have all won for their performances on the soap and James Scott has received multiple nominations in one of the hardest fields (Lead Actor) so I think the voting panel has been a lot more accepting in recent years for Days than it has in decades past.

Archived