DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Greg Vaughan is doing great work and I've long been a fan of his since his days on Y&R where he shined. He just died on GH, they didn't write for him, nor did it sound like he had the support from his most regular scene partners. He seems happy at DAYS.

Indeed, Eileen Davidson was born to play Kristen. It is her finest role, where she does her best work and one of the few roles in daytime that is utterly non recastable.

• Members

She's Dorian Lord and Alex Olanov rolled into one. Love her

Cheap, thanks for the Kate/Nick explanation. I guess I can see what you're saying re: Victor and Marlena breaking the news in a more sensitive way, it's just that the blame ultimately lies with Kristen so fussing with Victor or Marlena is a distraction to me, misdirected anger.

• Members

What I love is that it's all SO Victor. Doing really awful things to the people he loves, and doing it because he loves them. It's classic Victor in every way.

I'm petrified by what's going to happen once ED and Kristen leave. What they have lined up doesn't excite me and though the fallout from this story definitely will be driving story for awhile, I don't feel like any of it is strong enough that I'm truly excited to see if play out. I'd love it if they would just play on their old image as a psychosexual drama and delve into Sonny's character, and actually make the gay couple on the show have some conflict that doesn't revolve around an external villain like Nick.

I just feel like Corday is trying to play it so safe and hold onto the past so tightly that there's no room to breathe or evolve, and I fear that's what going to undo this show. Without a strong central villainess like Kristen, where does DAYS go? Bringing John back and focusing the story around Daniel is definitely the WRONG way.

• Members

Did anyone else notice that Brady is being used as the surrogate of Eric's rage regarding his rape. Obviously Eric can't attack Kristen, so I think they are using Brady as a way to release that anger over being assaulted onto another male. Interesting tactic, by the writers.

• Members

Days works best when it has a central villain at the focus of the show pushing story. I think Kristen's return was great in the same way EJ's arrival was in that there was finally true fear in Salem again and you had a sense of suspense in that pretty much anything could happen. People were scared and uncomfortable and that was fun to watch as a veiwer. The same thing happened with the Salem Stalker story-line a few years before. That being said all is not lost. Days went threw numerous periods of being an enjoyable soap outside of those 2003, 2007 and current storylines. The babyswitch of 09 was a high point for Days as was the Wilson/Nabi custody story over Arianna. Days is in a good place overall as a show and that doesn't end with just Kristen.

• Members

The past week has been on fire. Next to Gabi and Nick's interrupted wedding I haven't enjoyed DAYS this much since the baby switch and up to the reveal of that story.

I didn't watch in the 90s but having finally been able to watch her, I can't picture the show without Eileen Davidson as Kristen. They are losing so much.

On a side note, the character of Jordan is NOT working for me. She is just so blah, and I enjoyed Chrishell as Amanda on AMC.

• Members

I haven't seen Monday's episode yet but I am pumped to hear of a T sighting.. Everyone here knows how much of a T fan I am... but I'm gonna say - that since Abby truly is cousins with nearly every character on the show, T would be the PERFECT love interest for Abigail!! T's a character we all already care about, he's invested on canvas, he's a great actor, and he's proven he can hold his own in the acting dept... I want him to go after Abby. BRING ON TABBY!!! :)

Sidenote: From seeing those pics from Day of Days... Ali Sweeney with brown hair?! What?! I mean, Ali is sexy no matter what and I know Ali has played around with red-ish hair and various shades of blonde before.. but my Samantha Gene needs to be a blonde through and through!

• Administrator
For a moment, I did too. LOL Totally forgot they were related.

Naggie Maggie is the worst! She's been so awful to watch these last 5 years. Victor needs to throw her out and divorce Naggie.

That pin is hilarious. I hope that was just a joke and they weren't serious. laugh.png

Archived