DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

100% agree. This is like Karen getting the final scene with Abby on KL because the Lechowicks did not like Val. The catharsis wasn't all there. Sad thing is, this is probably it. ED has an inexplicable boner for Ashley Abbott and we will not see her again :(

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm of two minds...in a 'finale' sense, yes, it's disappointing that it wasn't Marlena and Kristen because they were the ultimate rivals.

However, in a 'going forward' sense, having it be Nicole v Kristen drives story better because it instantly redeems Nicole for her upcoming story with Eric and leaves Marlena unredeemed for her upcoming storyline.

As well, Nicole has always been an impulsive character, while Marlena is very measured (unless she's been possessed by satan or is a serial killer...) so it would have been out of character for Marlena to ram Kristen's car off the road. Besides, Marlena had her revenge in that church, whereas Nicole had no revenge until she got in that car, she actually had more skin in this game than Marlena did, to not give her any revenge would have been a bigger disservice.

I do hope Eileen Davidson returns, her return was absolutely incredible and she has done the best work of her career as Kristen, there were several episodes this year that were daytime at its best thanks to her.

• Members

I think the Marlena/Kristen scenes in the Dimansion were a great end for those two, this chapter, and that Nicole vs Kristen was def the best option to end on for all the reasons you posted.

I loved Marlena putting the gun away after Kristen begged her to kill her. Marlena got what she wanted/needed. Brady was free, kristen was exposed and left alone, and she was proven right. It came at a huge price this time and it was great kristen got to point that out. I dont think I could ever buy Marlena running Kristen off the road.

• Administrator

There's a reasonable chance that Eileen will return some day, but we just don't know for sure. It took 14 years for her to come back this last time. If this is the last we see of Kristen, I will be disappointed, especially how classic her last scenes were in 1998. I just would've preferred Marlena be part of Kristen's exit - it didn't have to be her running Kristen off the road.

• Members

I'm glad they didn't go the pregnancy route as there have been way too many pregnancy stories on Days in the last few years. It would be different if Eileen was a lot younger, Kristen didn't have her history with "you can't get pregnant" or if the child Kristen tried to pass off as her own wasn't so old.

• Members

Since when were Abby and Jordan friends? This hang out came completely out of nowhere, like WTF? Did we ever even see them meet or interact before? It was odd with Abby saying she's meeting a friend and Jordan shows up.

Of course Naggie Maggie instantly jumps to Jennifer when she learns Nicole is in the guest room. Oh give it up for one night!

Thank god some cop came with the paperwork instead of Mumbles. Speaking of which, did none of the cops go question EJ. It was stated numerous times over the last couple of episodes that EJ would be the first person that Kristen would contact, yet none of them followed up on that. Instead Hope goes to Daniel's apartment to sit around and talk about Jennifer?

Im so over EJ and Sami fighting. I really hope they give them something new to do besides fight and have makeup sex. (even if it is hot). I wonder why he didn't tell her that he just found out before the wedding. I think that's important bc she thinks he's known all along

Its been a week and still no Jennifer. Too bad we didn't get a final scene with her and Kristen.

The Nicole and Eric confrontation was good especially when she started crying about him not believing her. And then Greg V started tearing up as well. Very good acting from both. She was so harsh with him. Im surprised she wasn't a bit more compassionate towards him considering he was raped

• Members

Wait, is that really the end of Kristen? She disappears into the night never to be seen again? I guess I didn't realize that this was it for her.

Loved Eric and Nicole's scenes. It will be interesting to see where they go from here with these two.

Ugh Hope is interviewing Daniel on official police business and she brings up his relationship with Jennifer? Seriously?

I liked the set up all week where the cliffhanger was two people running into each other to talk or confront the other. I looked forward each day to see where these things would go (Marlena/Kristen, Kristen/Eric, Eric/Nicole, etc.).

• Members

Actually, I loved that Nicole didn't show Eric any compassion. Nicole really changed her life during the past few months - some of it motivated by being around Eric and then falling in love with him. When Nicole pour out her soul in the church and swore up and down (and it wasn't some sort of Kristen swear), Eric should've believed her. He even ignored facts, like the BIG ONE - he asked her to come to the capital to bring his papers. There was NO WAY, Nicole could've have pulled this off and, yet, he was so quick to judge her (Eric gets that from his sanctimonious mother), that he ignored facts. I hope Nicole hooks up with Daniel.

• Members

This fight seemed particularly hollow once EJ established the point that Sami wanted to be the one to blow Kristen's world apart rather than anything else. I don't really get what she was angry with EJ for particularly. Was she mad that he withheld the secret from her? Or was she angry that EJ believed that Kristen and Eric just had sex instead of immediately calling her a rapist? We really don't know. Sweeney didn't do a particularly good job with the nuances of her character in these scenes, perhaps because the framework isn't well fleshed out for the character in the writing. It's all just very sketchy and not really rational. I guess Sami is just flying off the handle from her emotions but when EJ handed her cold hard facts her arguments just fell apart.

Ultimately, I don't see how this situation is any different from Sami and Lucas hiding the fact that Will shot EJ back in the day and covered for him. EJ was protecting his sister and family loyalty is important to both of them. EJ didn't know there even was a rape, from the sound of it. He just wanted to cover up the affair so Kristen could be happy. Which Sami should understand with in terms of motivation.

Ultimately I think Sami will forgive EJ once she realizes he only heard about the revelation an hour or so before the wedding.

• Members

theres the secret that EJ knew that Kristen was going to drug Eric again to erase his memories and he was going to allow that. But I guess I cant see how that would come out. It would definetly give Sami more weight in being justified in her anger but without knowing that, she'd ultimately have to get over it.

• Members

Please - Sami is going to forgive EJ. This is a really weak set-up to create conflict for them, once the trial was over and things were smooth for them. It would be different if EJ was: 1) aware of Kristen's original plan; 2) knew about it after (or saw the video); and 3) somehow helped Kristen. There is absolutely nothing that EJ did wrong. In fact, he was trying to convince (in his way) Kristen not to do anything more to Eric. This is lame.

• Members

I think it was fitting that Kristen's final scenes this week were with the 4 people she royally screwed over in one way or another. She basically broke up John/Marlena, caused Eric to turn against Nicole and Marlena, and caused Brady to turn his back on his good friend Nicole and his family as well.

What I liked was that her scenes with all four were different. She lied to Brady to try to save their relationship, she basically told Eric that he really wanted it, and basically egged Nicole to go after her. The only person I think had any sort of effect on her was Marlena.

I didn't think a final scene between Jennifer and Kristen was needed. Kristen didn't do anything to ruin Jennifer's life this go around... plus that look Jennifer gave her at the church said more then a scene between the two would have.

That said, the show knew for four months that ED was leaving and they had her leave in that manner?!?!

With that said, the aftermath will be interesting for Marlena, Brady, Nicole, and Eric.

Archived