DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Absolutely. She's a force of nature, and probably the only actress/character that can give DAYS this kind of shot in the arm...I really don't think there's anyone else who has this much impact on DAYS when written for correctly, as has been the case with this return. They knew they had her for a year, so they went full blast with her...and ED rose to the challenge in a big way. This was an incredible return and I hope it isn't the last we see of her, although I know she loves Y&R, her best work has always been as Kristen.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absolutely. The casting at DAYS for families has always been really excellent (think Kate and everyone cast as her children, Marlena and her children, Stefano and his children) and ED/JS/JM are really wonderful together, I just wish Renee Jones was still on as Lexie and Tanya Boyd as Celeste, they both had excellent chemistry with her too. At DAYS ED gets written for as a star of the show, she gets the A storyline, she hasn't had that at Y&R for a good 10 years.

• Members

Marlena busting out was PERECTION.

Kristen is such a good liar. Dang at her accusing Marlena of making the whole thing up....LOL. I envy her lying skills and how she whole heartedly believed her own BS

Victor was on fire. Wanting to play the tape again and instigating the whole situation

WHY did Daniel have to be in this episode? He and Abigail's scenes were the low point

Ujga4TQ.jpg?1

The Horton Cousins looked amazing!

Where the heck were EJ's kids? They made an excuse for why Ciara wasn't there but Johnny and Sydney should have been at their aunt and uncle's wedding.

When Sami was going on about how could anyone drug and have sex with her brother, I thought now you know how Austin felt

• Members

How could I neglect to mention Marlena tipping over the walls of the media booth in the church? In a red suit no less? That was amazing and Dee Hall rocked it. That was classic soap opera right there.

Alfonso and Reeves both looked great and I like that DAYS really remembers the 'cousin' relationship that so many other shows neglect.

• Administrator

Friday's episode was fantastic!!......well just the church scenes.....why in the world did we get THREE side stories (Abby/Cameron, Daniel, Rafe/Jordan)? Three was too much, I wanted more church scenes. Anyway, those church scenes were pure soapy goodness! The 6 months build up to these scenes was worth the wait because they were so damn good. Loved Marlena tipping over the booth, everyone's reaction to the video, Eric saying, "It was you!" to Kristen, Eric being shell shocked, Kristen/Marlena confrontation, having everyone watch the video AGAIN (LOL!), Brady decking Eric, Brady/Kristen at the end. I'm glad DAYS spent some money and included a large portion of the cast (and extras!) like the good ole days for a revelation like this. Great job DAYS!

• Members

Yesterday's reveal was pretty fantastic. Watching Kristen and EJ trying to get both Brady and Eric out from the chapel, as the clip played was pretty hysterical.

The lingering fallout from this will be great. I feel so bad for Eric, because he's going to start questioning his faith. He's accused Nicole, someone who has shown him nothing but support, kindness, friendship and love of raping him. His brother Brady, attacks him and his shame is revealed to his family and congregation.

Greg Vaughn has been wonderful in the past couple of weeks, portraying Eric's confusion and insistence in knowing that he had been drugged and raped, without his consent. I'm also glad that the show hasn't tried to negate what had happened to him.

• Members

The funny thing is that just like with Kristen's infamous 1997 reveal, Eileen is so convincing in selling Kristen's desperate lies that even I almost believe it's true and she's somehow innocent.

I'm just glad they knew to keep Marlena in the center of this instead of just having her gasping in the pew.

I think the best part of the reveal was all the warring POVs. Kristen was fighting for one thing. Eric another. Victor another. Marlena did and didn't know. EJ knew and was trying to keep it quiet. Sami sort of knew what he was pulling but was trying to help Eric. We could see so many different perspectives. It was very layered writing, which is, to me, what soaps should be about.

Greg Vaughan isn't the greatest actor in the world, but he is very good at selling earnestness and purity of thought, which was needed in the middle of all this. And not turning this into the more "soapy" scenario where OMG Eric wanted to have sex with her all along !11! just meant the story had a moral center, which made it matter more, because someone was being destroyed.

My favorite part was Victor nonchalantly telling everyone they should watch it again. John Aniston's so great at that IDGAF attitude, but of course underneath Victor does care - he just cares only about a select few people.

They also used Hope and Jennifer perfectly as supporting players. The quick look that Jennifer gave Kristen right before Kristen left - it spoke volumes.

• Members

I loved how they had Hope in cop-mode as she watched the video and then verifying that it was a legit video with no photo-shopping done whatsoever.

I think the look Jennifer gave Kristen did speak volumes and Kristen got the message loud and clear.... friendship over! I do agree with a poster above that the friendship between Jennifer and Kristen gave both characters more dimension... Jennifer acting more like an adult and Kristen acting like a human being instead of a stache twirling villian. Shame Billie bailed months ago because I think having her there would have been an interesting element... Jennifer always believing the best in everyone to the point of cluelessness at times while Billie would be friendly with Kristen with a more objective eye.

• Members

Lol at Victor: "Let's clear your name sweetie." You can tell John Aniston is enjoying doing something other than talking about Dr. McHairyChest.

Days does these group events better than anyone else. My only fear is where does the show go after this story wraps? Who's the villain on the show? ED is about to leave a HUGE hole in this show.

• Members

I'm glad that the director had Kristen seeing Jennifer looking at her in angry disbelief at what she's done towards Eric and Brady. All due to her need to "get back" at Marlena. Jennifer's the only friend that she had in that town. Jennifer had tried to get Kristen to try and focus on being happy and her potential future with Brady.

Kristen had a second chance at some semblance of happiness, but her obsession in destroying Marlena has destroyed her life, as well as Brady's and Eric's lives.

How are those two brothers going to be able to get past this incident? Brady beat down Eric, inside a church on his wedding day. Eric finds out that his brother's fiancée drugged, raped and taped it. He's going to want to know why she did it.

• Members

I wonder what the fallout will be with Eric and Marlena. She didn't realize it going in, but her need to get revenge on Kristen led her to expose her son's rape in the most public and humiliating way possible. He was broken and she caused that by throwing it in his face and forcing him to have to relive that in front of everyone.

• Members

I just watched yesterday's ep and it was so good! I will have to watch again when I have time because I know I probably missed a ton of stuff.

My heart is breaking for Eric. He was completely silent for the first 10 or 15 minutes of the show, and then he turned to Kristen... "It was you." Chills! GV is doing great work! I can't wait until the next Eric/Nicole scene.

I literally gasped when Marlena knocked the curtains over and revealed herself. OMG! So good.

Hope didn't have much to do yesterday, but she still stood out! LMAO at her tilting her head while watching the video!

Victor: "Let's clear your name sweetie!" Bahahaha.

And then in the middle of all that, we had the likes of Cameron, Jordan, cookie flashback, Daniel, Abby etc. Go away, please. Nothing to say about any of that crap other than who cares and Abby needs to get a life! What an annoying shrew. Hopefully with Chad and Cameron gone, we'll be seeing a lot less of her.

I wish Nicole could've been at the church instead of with Daniel. Ew. Speaking of which, there has been WAY too much Nicole/Daniel interaction lately. It's making me nervous. laugh.png I want Dannifer over as much as anyone, but not if it means another round of Dicole! Puke!

Archived