DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

I still don't get it, personally. I always found her to be a (very) limited actress who couldn't play drama to save her life, nor was she especially charismatic in terms of being funny, bright, relatable or romantic. She's very pretty, but that's it. She works when stronger actors and actresses take lead, but not particularly memorable in supporting. She always felt like a frothy teen actresses at best. I feel she would be better as a stock character on B&B or something, or maybe one of Hope's enemies on that same show.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really must be into this show because I'm annoyed by that spoilerish wedding promo they keep showing. That's a first for me.

Glad to see the Jordan story kicking into gear but I don't like that she's catching feelings for Rafe.

Kate reminds me of AW's Donna. Was she a schemer when Adair was in the role? From what I gathered back then, she was pretty much the victim of Vivan's schemes.

I'm tired of seeing E.J. and Sami in bed.

I can't say enough about ED. She is such a pleasure to watch and I love the way her emotions change on a dime. So sweet and sincere one moment, plotting to save her ass the next.

Lol at Nick and Gabi reading their texts aloud and I would have died if Gabi also said "question mark".

• Members

In some ways, Days (well, maybe not so much now that the writing and acting have improved) and B&B are perfect places for her in a way that the ABC shows just weren't. Personally, I thought the mega-love for her on AMC was a bit much, but then again I found AMC very hard to watch over its last decade, in large part because of the Frons-mandated misogyny that prevailed. Watching Amanda get used and abused by David, JR and Jake (I think it was) was not fun to watch and, as a result, I wasn't taken in Chrishelle, mainly because I had to wonder why Amanda was such a glutton for punishment.

I like her on Days because she isn't this used and abused girl. They are doing the slow burn with her character and I am intrigued. Even if she is dry and prickly, I expect that to change. At least I hope it does. I think Days has a better chance developing Jordan than they do Theresa ho I am not that crazy about or taken with as a character (or an actor).

• Members

lol, I never came up with that name, its been around on other boards for a long time.

Tuesday was filler until EJ finding out at the end but it was nice episode all the same and flew quickly for me - was surpised it was a Janet I. script.

Was it just me or were the Bishop/Eric scenes rather daddy/boy homoerotic? Where's Father Matt? He should be here with Eric, not the bishop with a carrot (or other paraphernalia...) up his bum.

I like that Gabbi/Sonny get along well, but I still want what she did last summer with Andrew and Melanie to come out and destroy everything!

Kristen throwing things wub.png

I don't have an opinion either way on Jordan yet. The actress seems competent enough, but they haven't thrown anything taxing at her yet. Many posters often complain of a newbie being inserted all over a show on overload and here we have one being slowly and carefully introduced and people still complain lol. That being said, I really can do without all those lame cookie flashbacks. Yes, they had a moment but c'mon its lame!

I like this way more chillaxed version of Lucas so far. Kate's outfit was a miss for me today, a rare one considering how much better the clothing has been since Richard Bloore returned.

• Members

It's about time that EJ found out! If there's one thing that Kristen's return has missed - it's been a lack of scenes with EJ. The choice few that we've had have really shown what an awesome Bro-Sis duo they are. ED/JS are great acting partners. The relationship is so complex with the Susan dynamic and I would've like to have seen that played out a little more. I wish EJ had found out sooner to help guide her - of course it's going to cause problems with Sami. Anyway, it's almost like they are cramming this in at the end because the story is almost over.

• Members

I don't understand why they have all these scenes in their bedroom half naked, except if they are trying to foreshadow a pregnancy or something. Did the movers just not want to put up an extra set that day or what? Not that I am complaining in particular but I don't think I have seen a couple in bed this many times ever on a soap.

Does anyone remember when Jensen Ackles was in the role of Eric Brady? Where his Erica and Sami close? I don't understand Sami's sudden hero worship of GV's Eric, they have not had enough time to build this bond.

I agree completely on this front. She has more potential than Theresa.

I have no real problem with Jordan. She's innocuous at this point. Nothing good about her, nothing bad about her.

• Members

Yeah, when Jensen Ackles was playing Eric the dynamic between Sami and Eric was the same as it is now, Sami worshipped Eric, he was the good twin and she was the bad one, he was her hero. When he got tangled with Nicole (who he did love, in spite of her scheming) Sami was fierce with her and very protective and Eric was always Sami's conscience.

• Members

Why did Kristen and Brady wake up in bed and then have breakfast together? Don't they know that the groom seeing the bride before the wedding is bad luck?

I don't get why Kristen was having that loud conversation about what she did in the middle of the mansion. Sami could have easily walked in on that

They are twin siblings. They've had their entire lives to build this bond. Its not like they just got met

• Members

Sami and Eric were always close. Even though he helped expose the Will lie in 1997. Their bond and how it's played makes perfect sense to me. I totally see Sami hero worshipping her brother, priest or not. I've always loved their relationship.

• Members
James Scott aside, what would have been better was if EJ was the age he should be and Kristen could have stepped in as that guiding mother figure. Susan would have lost it. It's really too bad DAYS screwed so badly with everyones ages in their desire to age Philip, Belle and that insane Nicholas (Victor Webster aside) recast. They missed the boat when it comes to their younger generation. (They missed the boat with their next generation 30/40/50s group too, Mike and Carrie should be much better established on the canvas and not MIA)

How the ages should be (and I know I could be off a year ... sorry! Just going off of memory):

Shawn - 27/28

Stephanie - 22/23

Abby - 21

Brady - 21

Belle - 20

Philip - 18

Will - 18

EJ - 16

Pretty sure Andrew would be Shawn-D's age, as would Nicholas (Nicky and Shawn-D were close in age during Carly's first run). I think Jeannie should be around Stephanie's age or a year older. I'm iffy on EXACT years, sorry. Can't recall how old Alexander Kiriakis should be but probably near Shawn-D as well. I think having Andrew, Nicholas, Alex, Shawn-D and Philip all the same ages was a mistake. So much untapped potential with Andrew, Nicholas and Alexander. And look at how wasted the character of Philip became as did Shawn-D.

Just figured I'd throw it out there.

• Members

Thanks for explaining. I guess I kind of assumed that Sami had the same relationship with Eric as she had with Brady, so I never really got how close she was to him. It's also been years since she had scenes with him so I didn't know how close they were.

• Members

Sami would never have the same relationship she does with Brady as Eric, because when Brady came into her life he was the son of John, the man who broke up her family's marriage. It's taken a long time for Sami and Brady to consider each other siblings. I think it happened shortly after he came back with his drug addiction.

Rafe and Jordan with this damn cookie are in the running to become the new "EJ and Taylor and the scarf" flashback.

Archived