DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think I've been this excited to watch an episode since, like, the 80s -- and now I am on tenderhooks waiting for Friday's dénouement! OMG OMG OMG! I squealed when the video was played in the church with all the panting and grunting. Victor essentially trapping Marlena in the rectory in her boobalicious red suit as she bashed at every damn key of that computer system. :lol:

EJ and Kristen's scene before they skipped off to church was stellar, too. Oh, Days, how is it that you are so fabulous right now?

• Members

I'm not actually sure how they became friends - I think it was fairly organic because I don't remember an actual event. Like the clips that Carl posted, they were very good friends with Billie as well and sometimes Carrie used to join in as well. It was a nice group of friends and one of those endearing touches soaps have forgotten about in recent years (although to be fair, this regime is better than most).

It is very hard for some people to accept Jen and Kristen rekindling their friendship because Peter (Kristen's bio brother - sorry, not sure how much history you know!) faked his death with Stefano's help and Jack was convicted for that murder. Laura (Jen and Mike's mom) knew the truth and Peter/Stefano paid Nurse Lynne to keep her in a drugged near-catatonic state. Kristen knew all of this, Laura begged her to set her free and help set Jack free and she declined, albeit with a heavy heart. For these reasons alone, Jen should never want to be friends ever with Kristen. If Laura was in town, she would have major issues with it.

However the show has gone to great pains to show Jen as someone who gives people the benefit of the doubt as illustrated through her behaviour the first few months with JJ back in town. But I can't see Kristen and Jen ever being friends after this. I think it's a case of 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'.

• Members

One last comment about Kristen/Jennifer. Did Kristen have any scenes with Jennifer/JJ? I would've love to have seen Kristen counsel/advise JJ - something along lines that Jennifer is a wonderful person (look at how she has forgiven me/stood by me) and that JJ better shape up and not mess up his life (I've been there), etc. I think it would have made for an interesting angle. JJ might have been intrigued by the fact that Kristen isn't a sanctimonious Horton/Brady and Kristen shows the side where she stands up for her friends, but also cares about kids. I also would've loved to see Kristen rip Theresa just once.

• Members

I think they met once or twice but mainly in passing, but no, nothing of the sort you mentioned as far as I remember (I stand to be corrected). Kristen's self-absorbed, so it doesn't surprise me. However she is good with kids (social work skills?) so it could of worked.

• Members

There was one quick scene with JJ/Kristen/Jennifer at the hospital. It didn't amount to much other than Kristen meeting him.

Yesterday was sooo good! Amazing cliffhanger. Only bad part was Sami's outfit. I can't believe I have to wait until tomorrow or Sunday to watch today's episode. Should be good.

• Members

Kristen is self-absorbed (like her whole family and nearly every character on the show), but this would've been a good angle to help people understand her friendship with Jennifer and to show Kristen's no-so-dark side. (Like they did with the kids applying for scholarships, etc.) ED has repeatedly shown that she can reveal Kristen's human side in a believable way - otherwise, Kristen is a cartoon character. I just think that if they set-up more human interactions for Kristen (and a few less repetitive scenes with Brady/Eric), it would make a return so much easier.

• Members

Thank you for the info SouthOfSoap. I don't know a lot of Days history. My roommate in college watched, so I know a little, but I was always a CBS girl as a teen. Then I started watching Days when my DVR allowed, but I think it was the President of NBC who said it was going to be cancelled just as I was getting into it, so I quit. Oops! Started again maybe 18 months ago.

• Members

I only got to watch half of today's show before coming back to work and now I'm dying to see the other half! I was on the edge of my seat enjoying every moment! (Well except for the Daniel/Abby crap) Eric's face, Kristen's face, Brady going after Eric right before I had to leave. Excellent show so far! Loved Marlena going after Victor. LOL at Hope watching the video and moving her head at all angles. Jen just watching Hope. There was just so much about it that I loved and I'm only half way through!

The wardrobe is vastly improving. I loved Nicole's dress. And Kristen's dress she had on before her wedding dress looked beautiful on her. Even Abby finally looked somewhat normal today. Sami..... not so much but I rarely like anything they put her in.

• Members

Such a great week in Salem!

1) First off. Happy Anniversary Days of our Lives!! 48 years! And today's episode was a perfect birthday present! Sidenote: today is the last day that Days will air an episode on it's actual anniversary (Nov 8th) until its 51st anniversary.. as the 49th will fall on a Saturday and the 50th will fall on a Sunday (pending hopeful upcoming renewals, of course!)

2) I mean this whole week leading up to Kristen's reveal and the actual wedding/reveal.. it was all amazing! Finally seeing Kristen and Marlena go at it, Eric and Brady literally fighting it out, EJ/Sami as the "best man/bridesmaid" it has all been amazing! Even the small things like Victor hiding all this from Maggie and Hope turning her head to analyze the data of the video in detective mode... such good attention to detail. And there is nothing better than a true Salem wedding where St. Luke's is full of Salemites!!

3) It was great seeing Lucas again this week! I love the Lucas/Kate interaction and I feel they are really setting up Lucas/Jordan/Rafe/Kate in the mix soon! Please.. if it gives us more Bryan and lets us invest in the character of Jordan a little more, I'm all for it!

4) JJ's line on Monday "Daniel I can see now I was totally wrong about you" made me want to barf. Please don't waste the amazing character of JJ by having him bow down to Daniel.

5) Cameron's exit is out of nowhere.. but I'm glad that they are giving us a reason as to why he is leaving. Nothing bothers me more than a character just "disappearing." Honestly, I thought that was going to happen as I thought that Cameron was going to be gone before Chad. I'm surprised he's still on our screens. I would like to maybe see him in one more episode though to have some resolution with Gabi and Abe/Theo, but the most important thing is he got to say goodbye to Gabi... the Dr's without Borders thing too totally leaves the character viable to come back in the future too.

6) I LOVED the brother/sister scene between Sami, Eric, and Brady bonding and talking about childhood Christmas memories in the PENTHOUSE! I also loved that the writers mentioned the beloved penthouse!! :)

7) Best line of the week is of course from Victor: "Kristen DiMeria's best hits.... maybe they can give out false teeth as souvenirs." Such a good respect of the show's history!

• Members

Today was amazing!

Greg Vaughan knocked it out of the park with the look of absolute horror and heartbreak on his face, he really impressed me.

Dee Hall and Eileen Davidson were awesome too, the ferocity in that onscreen relationship is second to none in daytime, they have chemistry that doesn't come around all the time. John Aniston had some great lines today and was terrific to watch, as was Kristian Alfonso (loved that detective head tilt to confirm the authenticity). I only wish this episode had been dedicated solely to the events in the church, I think the actors could have really run with it.

Loved the cliffhanger with Brady and Kristen, it's very obvious that the directors and ED have worked together very well, she has brought so much movement to her scenes that, a year ago, didn't exist on DAYS.

Archived