DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members
i have their closeness odd bc it's not Luke they grew up together. She was a teen and he a baby. There was like a good 15 years that separated them and John/Marlena weren't stable together with merging their families till like the mid 90s. Sami was an adult by then and yeah, she and Brady were never close till he was recasted a few years ago

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like that they emphasize the sexual nature of Sami & EJ's relationship. I infer that sex is the glue that keeps them together, even after all the horrible things they've done to each other. (Whether the writers are actually implying that is another matter.) I've been quite shocked at the tone of some of their sex scenes over the past year. They're certainly not the typical sappy soap stuff -- I'd venture to say they border on dysfunction. I think that's appropriate given their history, and I like that it may leave Sami open to more emotion-based appeals from other men. (Though she'll probably always go back to EJ's apparently magical penis.)

I wasn't watching yesterday's show closely -- do we know how EJ found out about Kristen and Eric?

• Members

Whenever I think of Sami and Eric I think of that scene early in JA's run where Sami needed Eric to feel how much pain she was in, because of their twin bond, and he would be suspicious if she wasn't in enough pain, and so on, so she cut her hand open, just so that the twin bond would make him feel her pain.

So very JER.

• Members

Near perfect post. I'll add in the birth years for you.

Sami/Eric - 1984, Andrew - 1986, Shawn - 1987, Alex - 1989, Jeanne/Stephanie - 1990, Sonny - 1991/1992 (offscreen) Brady/Abby - 1992, Belle - 1993, Phil/Will - 1995, EJ - 1997, Chelsea - 1998

• Members

Yep Theo - 2003 JJ - 2004, Claire - 2005, Ciara - 2006, Johnny/Allie - 2007, Joey - 2008, Sydney - 2009

And you're welcome KMan101! The ages and birthdates of characters has already fascinated me. When I first started to surf the internet back in the late 90s one of the first things I did was browse character biographies and look up the actual ages of characters.

• Members

But wow, how brilliant was today? Even DongalongDan couldn't rain on this episode's parade!

EJ vs Kristen was fire - great scenes, and I never say that about James Scott lol.

Nicole blowing up at Marlena was amazing.

All the situational irony before the wedding, such soapy greatness.

Victor gets the best lines on this show: "That so called hacker you sent me couldn't open my front door with a key!"

and to Brady on his DVD plan: "Ahhh! Kristen DiMera's greatest hits! Maybe you'll give out false teeth as wedding souvenirs?" tongue.pngtongue.png

Can't wait for this wedding to begin!

• Members

Today made me realize that Marlena really does share a tiny slice of the blame for what Kristen has done. Marlena is the psychiatrist, yet she pushes Kristen's buttons and has to gloat when she wins. I bet she does it again on Friday. If she would just stop chumming the waters this might not be happening.

• Members

Absolutely! Marlena used to be a great, morally-centered character who HELPED people. However, she's become a sanctimonious hypocrite. If Marlena had shut her trap or at least been more gracious when Bristen Wedding 1 was blown up, Kristen would've never lashed out at her. Of course, we wouldn't have this delicious scandal without it! I just hope Kristen tells Marlena that it's her fault for pushing her after she tried to do the right thing (giving up her revenge against John because she found love with Brady). I also hope that Eric hates her for playing it for the entire world to see. Marlena needs serious psychological help regarding her hate for Kristen.

• Members

Marlena loses all sense of rationality when it comes to Kristen. She hate her and sees red when it comes to her

Kristen: "Samantha's family loyalty is about as changeable as her nail polish" :lol: Her scenes with EJ were fab. Both actors did great. Ouch to he taking Kristen's side. Its gonna come back to bite him in the butt with Sami

Archived