DAYS: November 2013 Discussion Thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do have vague memories of the heavily veiled woman in white thing. Soaps love that trope. Was the facially disfigured Y&R character the first example? I've seen clips of SAF's Pamela Capwell Conrad veiled. I momentarily forgot about ED playing Kelly Capwell. Wow, her career going as far back as '82, I had no idea.

• Members

Don't be sorry. Its a minor issue and I didn't meant to take away from anything.

Saw this week's show and the Anne stuff was lovely. Loved that she didn't back down to Marlena

Oh boy, how could Kristen be so dumb? Why didn't she have that file encrypted? A password seems like it would have been logical, especially since she worked with some computer expert, she should have put extra security on there

Rachel came back from the dead in the mid 90s but it was written that she had been presumed dead for years. It was after she "died" that Stefano took in Kristen and Peter and raised them as his own

• Members

I feel like this week has been alot of build up for sweeps.. I'm liking it!

1) I'll keep saying it until we get him on screen more than 2x/month but it was SO GOOD to see Lucas this week!

2) Casey Diedrick knocked it out of the park this week with his final scenes. I LOVED seeing his scenes with Abby and EJ. So good. I like how they made his exit emotional.. I feel like the tears that were in his eyes were very real, but also played great into storyline. I'm gonna miss Chad. I would totally accept him back on canvas in the future.

3) Line of the week: Caroline to Kate: "Believe me. It's not the Alzheimer's" haha

4) I love seeing Nick playing crazy Nick.. He is so believable.

5) I really appreciate the set decoration.. loved all the Halloween set design.

6) Also really appreicate the Father Matt/Eric mentor relatonship. Also really appreicate the Hope/Abby scenes... two Horton women of different generations interacting together.. I like it.

7) I loved Hope's eye roll after Ciara's "I'm going as the kid who hates Halloween parties." Please bring on psycho-Ciara!!!!

8) Really impressed by the Friday cliffhanger. It actually felt like a real Friday cliffhanger. Jennifer walking in on JJ being in Daniel's office and Marlen'a reaction to seeing what is on the flashdrive.. classic cliffhanger.

9) Lastly, my only complaint... is of course Daniel... but I can't handle Maggie being wasted like this... please give her something to do beside prop up her pseudo-son or just keep her off the screen. Give her interaction with Victor (a pairing that most of the audience likes), Nick, or better yet.. bring back Sarah Horton - one of her real children. Rant over :)

• Members

Just got caught up with Tuesday to Friday - week got better as it went along. So excited for next week now!

I thought the Chad/Abby breakup/exit was done well. Finally Abby got called out for stringing them along - thank you writers!

What's Theresa's deal? She's not playing it straight with Anne either, faking sleeping around her.

Ericole is killing me, in the good way.

JJ's 180 is eye-roll worthy.

Kristen was so amazeballs playing the fake-sympathetic card on Nicole, Eric and Brady. I love how she milked it for all it is worth.

50 Shades of Grey was written for people like Sami - getting their juices frowing off alphamale domineering.

Marlena/Anne FTW!

And cameos from Victor and Ciara always awesome.

• Members

Come to think of it, Chad's exit was pretty unceremonious and if I didn't know better I fully would have expected to see him at the Boston hospital. I wonder how his exit will be explained. Either he needs rehab/a change of pace in a new town or he soap dies on the table. Isn't he co-owner of that spot with Sonny? That'll need some explaining.

• Members

I think they are keeping their options open for a return, whether with the original actor or a recast. After the redic storylines of the 2000s with returns from the dead every second week, they have only killed off Jack (Matt Ashford) and Tony DiMera (Thaao Penghlis) in recent years, with no returns from the dead for quite some time (Stefano doesn't count because we knew he would never have been dead lol). So I think the show is being careful in killing off legacy characters, only killing those they are sure they never want to bring back from the dead.

• Members

Funny you say that bc I was just thinking today that they should have killed Bo off earlier this year. By this time, Hope would be ready to move on to someone new and it wouldnt be an issue. For him to be out of town away from his wife and young child is very out of character for him and its even more frustrating that the show is not addressing it, but rather choosing to ignore it aside from passing mentions of Ciara missing her daddy

• Members

I don't think they kill him off, not with the 50th anniversary 2 years away. I also think they thought Reckell would return so they put it off. Maybe that will change now that it is clear he isn't returning. PR seems bitter with the show - I wonder what his gripe is? Money? Frontburner status?

• Members

The 50th Anniversary being 2 years ago, is something I dont think was factored into any decision. Soap writing has a short attention span these days. They think in the now, not several years from now. If anything that type of event would be the perfect time to bring back a beloved longtime vet for a splashy back from the dead story arc.

Archived