GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Luke and Laura represent something that disgusts him, and a period of his life that he seems to have very mixed feelings about (he enjoyed becoming a "star" but regretted much of the rest). I get the feeling he doesn't care for Genie either.

This is same old same old for Geary. He and Laura are both bitter nostalgia and I wish the show would just cut the cord.

That's not up to Tony, it's up to "Cartini." They never gave a [!@#$%^&*] about Laura.

• Members

More or less.Just like every other long term soap character is stuck with his or her history. It's his choice to keep cashing a paycheck from GH. As long as he does, I can't feel sorry for him. If the audience wants L&L, and Cartini want to write it, he should have to play it. Who cares what any of these actors want? Nobody asks me what I want to do at work (LMAO at the thought). There are many aspects of my job, I'd like to leave behind. There are several people I'd love to never work with or see again. Since I'm SOL on that front and don't get even a fraction of the vacation time or pay that Tony does, he can suck it up just like I do or leave, as far as I'm concerned. I'm over his whining about fans having issues and living in the past. Maybe it's time for him to get over his issues or leave.

Frankly, I've enjoyed Luke both with and without Laura, but at this point, I think she's the character with more to offer the show. If it's one or the other, I'd rather see Laura's story now. Tony doesn't want to play L&L and he doesn't seem to want to play scenes with Luke's children, so maybe his character is simply played out at this point.

• Members

All Roger Howarth has to do is show his face and the quality goes down. Here we went from yesterday with Luke, Robert, Anna, Robin, Tracy and Jerry in this big story of good vs evil to I don;t know what this was today, something about a painting. As soon as I heard that phone call I had to start FFing. He has to be the worst recast in GH history.

• Members

TG wants to believe that "Laura" was one more storyline for Luke, but guess what, it is not.

In his mind Luke is a lonely guy who loves booze, ladies and adventure, but his character has been defined by Laura whether he likes it or not. Without her he would be another bad guy that would have lasted one year.

I adore GF, she is beautiful Laura, my childhood where I used to watch 1980-81 episodes in german -lol. I want to see her on the show on a regular basis. ATWT kept Lisa, Kim, Susan, Lucinda, Barbara, Nancy, Emma, Lily and Margo for decades, I am sure TPTB can find some room for Laura. Over the years soaps have payed the price for getting rid of veteran actors because they were getting older or they seemed boring. Laura could/should be the new Audrey.

• Members

I agree. If Crappy wanted to write LnL, they would. As it stands, they don't, and I'm ok with that. They don't write for women. I personally don't care if Geary wants to work with Genie or not as long as I get good stuff on screen, but I don't wish to see Genie, so her possibly not returning is good news for me!

While I agree that Roger is a sore thumb right now, the Robin story is a comedy skit! Dr. O is a joke!

• Members

At this point, I'm over Luke & Laura and Tony Geary. As a long time fan, I adored Luke & Laura but TG made me see the "childish" errors of my ways. Frankly, I think TG is an overrated, arrogant and egotistical a#s. I have no desire to see Lunacy part 536. Zzz. Someone wake me when they finally kill off Luke Spencer. I will finally rejoice.

• Members

Anybody else thumb through their new TV Guide?

Well, after the shock had worn off that Michael Logan actually devoted his Daytime Highlights section to soaps once again (for the past year or so daytime talk shows and children's programming have been of more importance to Logan), there was a damned good interview with Anthony Geary.

Known for being a sharp shooter and telling it like it is, Geary pretty much laid the Luke & Laura coffin into the ground. ohmy.png

Geary: The past is best left in the memory. Nothing stays the same except butterflies under glass. The [viewers] you speak of have always wanted Luke and Laura happy and growing old together like Ward and June Cleaver. That is not going to happen. The audience needs to let it go and find interest in tomorrow instead of yesterday.

Archived