GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

So, catching up. I loved the work Dominic Z. put in the last couple days and watched his face and body language as Dante began to work it out - I am with Lulu and Dante all the way, to be honest, because while Maxie and Spinelli's tortured roles are classic soap opera going back to the days of Irna and Bill Bell, much of the scriptwriting and Kirsten Storms have failed to sell them as truly repentant IMO (Bradford Anderson has been fantastic). But I have to ask, where the [!@#$%^&*] did Dante's sudden intuition come from? We should have seen him begin to become suspicious, have it nagging at him for weeks before now.

The sad thing is, it's clear that like many 'good guys' or conventional male leads, RC has little use for Dante/DZ beyond this immediate story. (He did fall for Mark Lawson and Brody on OLTL, but ultimately sold that character down the river more than once before finally giving him a graceful happy ending at the last possible second.) I don't think Dominic is ever going to get a really meaty role again as long as Ron is solo on the writing reins.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't stand Dominic's Dante, his entire character feels like a complete lie, and I am still pissed how he completely supplanted Brandon Barash's role on this show and basically took his entire character over like some kind of alien infestation. Every time he comes on screen all I can think about is how his character undermines so many males on this show, from Johnny to Morgan. The character should have never been created, and I never understood the purpose of giving Sonny a long lost kid, when he already had three children.

• Members

The way Anna's been treating Britt throughout this kidnapping has been awful. Could she be anymore unsympathetic? I thought Britt may have known Robin was alive from previous conversations with Obrecht. Glad that's not the case

Robin's gained weight. I see it in her face. Looks fuller

Why is that little brat Emma still calling Britt, the britch? This is not CUTE! This little twit is too disrespectful and its her way of cursing out an adult by calling her a variation of bitch. Someone needs to crack her skull

Why does Alexis think that Julian Jerome is the same Julian she slept with? And he was in college when they were together, meaning he is older? Give me a break

Patrick has chemistry with Sam. Much like he did with Liz. He pretty much has it with the dark haired girls besides Sabrina. Speaking of Liz, where is she? She's been MIA in the episodes Ive viewed

Considering Carlos is working for the mob, can his involvement be the cause for an accident death for Sabrina?

Obrecht's attachment to Britt's kid is odd especially the way she genuinely seems to care for him as her grandson. Are we sure Ben is Lulu and Dante's child and not Dante and Britt? Could she have used his sperm to impregnate herself as opposed to using their embryo?

• Members

She actually used the word "jejune" to describe Sabrina's idea to have a nurses ball. I wish more characters had a varied vocabulary, characters like Dr O, Helena, and a little bit Ethan really stand out from the crowd because while they are busy breaking out the words and conjugating correctly, everyone around them is talking in as dull a way as possible. I could listen to Dr O talk all episode, but listening to Sonny, Carly or Sam speak in as simply a way possible does nothing to make your ears perk up.

• Members

Because she is the chief of police and is expected to act unbiased when performing her job, regardless of how she feels about the people she is dealing with. A woman's baby has been kidnapped. That should garner sympathy instead of generating hostility and shade towards the tormented mother. Britt came to her as a citizen of Port Charles to report a crime and Anna handled things wrong and let her personal bias through. She was bordering on being unprofessional and Britt would have been better suited to have dealt with another officer in the PCPD. She knows what its like to have her child kidnapped; it was referenced in these episodes, so her being such a bitch to Britt when dealing with her baby being kidnapped just made her seem unnecesarily cruel

Archived