GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

Look at how Morgan was exposed. A room full of extras yet they continue to hire performers to expedite their stories. Brad telling Spixie's secret. Cockroach Rivera comes so that Patty can remove his wedding ring just in time for Robin to return.

These reveals are falling flat because they are not packing any punch, and why would I care that a room full of people who will be paid $75 at the end of the day watched Morgan be humiliated?

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fair enough but Lulu had her abortion when she was 17 and I think that's an important piece to all of this. She's allowed to evolve her opinions. With age and experience, adults do not necessarily feel the same way about things as they did when they were kids. I know I sure as heck have about certain things and that's bc I have a level of maturity now that I did no possess. I fetus may have meant little to her when she was a teen and couldn't fathom being a mother. She's an adult now who has been struggling to have a child for over a year. I don't think its hypocritical for her to change her stance on this and to be upset about her unborn baby being dead. I think you are using the term hypocrite incorrectly here bc it would be a different story if she condemned another woman for having an abortion, which isn't the case here. It was a miscarriage and one which she had personal investment in. She should have been told and she has every right to be upset about being decieved

• Members

It doesn't matter how long ago the abortion was, or how old Lulu was or how she may have grown and changed since then. It is perfectly legitimate to have an abortion and then mourn the loss of a later potential child that is miscarried. A large percentage of women have abortions and a large percentage of women suffer a miscarriage. There is undoubtedly a good deal of overlap, meaning women who have had both. And most of the women who had abortions do not later regret their decision. That does not deny them the right to grieve for a child that they wanted and were excited for.

• Members

I don't know if that's what is being said. I'm stridently pro-choice so I'm certainly not going to believe this to be some kind of retribution for Lulu. My personal opinion is that Maxie didn't want Lulu to mourn at all. That's why she didn't tell them. And she was going to give them her child for multiple reasons. She could have told them the truth. Allowed them to mourn and had an abortion herself without sharing that decision with anyone. That likely would have been the most self preserving solution for Maxie. And I wouldn't have blamed her.

• Members

rhino,

Numbers are up; I go to other forums where there are people enjoying/lauding the show and I don't really overall, yes there are a few things not really enough to keep me totally in;

but I keep lingering trying to see what others see. I am interested in how Robin's story plays out; I've waited nearly two years for this so I'm cautiously optimistic. I really want to like show; I've watched General since _0's LoL Even though I'll never be into it the way I use to be: eg making banners, mvid, forums/websites (I had a bunch of them), going to PA's and all that.

Archived