GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's not on TG. Just because there is no LnL does not mean there is nothing for Laura to do. She has 2 children onscreen and one of them could certainly use her right now. Crappy are not going with LnL so they figure there is no need to have Genie. My guess is that Liv will be taking her place in Lulu's life.

• Members

I wouldn't bet against it. Ron Carlivati adores Luke and Laura and has wanted it all along - he was setting it up before Genie's break. The only way I can see it not happening is if Queen Geary proclaimed that he would not read the lines.

• Members

I just don't believe "Cartini" would let Geary dictate their scripts.

Most of the vets get writing that is lip service and they get little airtime. Look at Kevin and Lucy. I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but they seem popular, the actors certainly aren't fighting against the pairing, but they still rarely appear. Mac and Felicia mostly appear in support of Maxie.

The show drummed up vets for anniversary hype, but their heart is with the OLTL rejects and pretty ponies like the Jeromes, Sabrina, Britt, etc.

• Members

If there was any doubt (although I can't fathom why at this point) why this shitstain of a show should be cancelled once and for all instead of ABCD's idiotic attempts to keep it going, that old fart's disdain of the true GH fans who've propped his egotistical ass for 35 years, as well as the constant disrespect of the Labine/Riche era (a.k.a.: the last one that this show ever had), should silence it once and for all.

I, for one, can't wait for Mo'Nique's new show to put the nail in the coffin.

• Members

All I know is I've been through this a thousand times with Ron Carlivati's pacing on two different soaps, where people tell me something is "never gonna happen," just look at the shift in the writing and the different focus that changed abruptly and blah blah blah... Bo and Nora, Viki and Clint, the return of Roger Howarth, you name it. It all happened. He always planted a seed.

Carlivati never forgets. He just waits, and plans. His pacing is often abysmal. And he will veer to and from one character or romance angle to the next very fast if he's lazy, which he often is these days. Two months ago it was Laura for Luke, now it's Tracy again, and no, I don't think Laura will be gone for long. So no, I am not at all convinced. I've seen this happen many times.

• Members

It's possible and I do hope Genie returns, Luke and Laura don't have to be together for them to be on at the same time.

Tracy and Monica I don't see them being the new matriarch of the show, Laura on the other hand I do, but I wouldn't mind seeing her on these adventures, wasn't that Laura used to be?

• Members

Tony seems quite miffed. I'm not sure I buy this story. Quoting carefully and selectively because I don't want this to be removed.

Am I ignorant and just not that well-versed, because of all the old LNL material I've watched from the '80s, Luke was only ever written as so amoral after the campus disco. They made him into a better man after that. I've always felt that Tony Geary basically coped with the return of LNL by trying to retrofit, both onscreen and in his mind, the '90s-to-today Luke Spencer as Bill Eckert, the character he wanted to play.

Archived