GH50: October 2013 Discussion

• Members

I think he kind of leaves himself an out for LNL at the very end in a classy way. And I do think this whole Luke/Tracy caper on Cassadine Island, while cute, is classic Carlivati - appear to be re-cementing one couple fans like while plotting their ultimate demise further down the road. I could cite chapter and verse the innumerable times he did this on OLTL and GH, but no one would listen.

Yeah, I am really liking her and DZ tearing Maxie and Spinelli apart.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving Lulu. I loved when she told Maxie the only way she'd take Connie was over her dead body. I was like kick her a$$, Lulu! I have no sympathy for Maxie. Originally I had some for Spinelli, but that's changed because he's coming off as whichever way Maxie blows, he'll follow in that direction.

• Members

It's the standard Geary/Logan interview. Logan puckers up, Geary squeezes.

I've heard all this stuff before, and he's done much worse (it's fairly clear IMO that he did his best to freeze Greg Vaughan out of the show for years). I just wish he was worth all this angst.

I feel like Luke and Laura are just sad memories of a bygone era. I know a lot of people would say the same about other characters from that era that they don't like, but there's something incredibly awkward about Luke and Laura because the actors seem so very uncomfortable. It's the reunion tour of people who can barely avoid throwing rotten fruit at each other.

• Members

I feel that way about the show in it's entirety. I'm not among those who want Luke and Laura back, but I'm very against actors calling the shots in terms of what gets written.

I take back my statement about not feeling sorry for Geary. After reading that interview about the story he wrote back in the day, I do feel some pity. Its clear that he either wishes he weren't on a soap or that he wishes soaps could be more than they are. I get that. Especially, wishing soaps could be more than they became in the 90's going forward. That ship has sailed (for this incarnation at least) though and I do think there has to be a line between writing and producing these shows and acting. Otherwise the inmates are running the asylum and I'd say that allowing that has hurt both GH and Y&R badly.

As for Emme Rylan, I've enjoyed her on every show that she's on. She makes me forget any other LuLu existed.

Archived