AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IDK, to be honest, but it's jarring. So far, it seems like all hospital scenes on OLTL have a filmy look while other scenes have a very smooth soapy look (which I'm sure some people would rather the whole show look filmy instead, but that's that sh!t I don't like). All of the AMC I've watched so far, I believe, has been filmy-looking.

• Members

I've seen the episodes through my HD tv via Hulu and the episodes looked like that originally. I thought it might be my tv but was pretty sure it was Hulu. After seeing them on OWN I am more than sure it is the transfer from the recording to Hulu. It sure looks like OWN is just running them through Hulu.....lol.....the picture quality at times looks good and other times looks bad.

• Members

When I used to watch AMC and some OLTL on FX Canada all of AMC had the film look and some OLTL scenes did and some didn't.

I just assumed (mind you I know less than nothing about this kind of stuff) that Ginger Smith went back to doing whatever AMC did from summer 2006 until the move to LA (when she last produced the show) that gave the show the film look. And that Jennifer Pepperman was trying out both.

• Members

When we were getting the show on FXCanada, I noticed this too. Some of the look reminded me of that "film look" process The City used in post production and Sunset Beach did briefly, I believe (as well as I think some weird experimentation with it on AMC.) Now, however, either I'm used to it or don't notice it--or I was just imagining it.

Vee, I believe mentioned edits at least to the first episode (which were longer, I believe.) Anyone notice what was edited for time?

• Members

Well, per Marc Berman who runs TvMediaInsights:

I think we might get some daily ratings here and there, though not sure about the actual weekly numbers (though I guess someone could just compile the daily numbers).

• Members

Same here. I've even been told that using an ethernet cable makes for a better picture. Even though my Roku is one of the premium wi-fi models, I am running it through ethernet for that reason and I haven't had a problem since day one.

Haven't watched ANYTHING on OWN since she dumped The Rosie Show over a year ago.

• Members

Come to think of it I think the smoother scenes on OLTL have a faster "frames per second". Does anyone know for sure they were doing a "Film Look" application or could it have been something else that gave the shows that illusion?

• Members

It's extremely cool watching AMC on TV again wub.pngicon1.gif I really hope this does well on OWN and it becomes a regular thing!

BTW what are some of you talking about? "Filmy" - what?? tongue.png The show just looks spectacular on my TV. Great quality. I'm not noticing any discrepancies. LOL

I don't think frame rate would have anything to do with it. It's the standard for anything broadcast on TV to be 29.97/30 fps.

Archived