AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They need to promo the hell out of this since they only have 2 weeks to get the word out. OWN is buried way up in the 100s in my channel lineup (and I imagine for most cable) so the odds of people stumbling upon it while flipping the way they might if it was Bravo or Lifetime seems slim.

• Members

OWN is on DirecTV channel 279, so it's not completely buried on there, but I have heard on a lot of cable companies it is buried. I don't get OWN at the moment because I have the lowest package I can get, LOL. So hopefully people even just browsing will be able to find it. They should also promote the hell out of it during Perry's shows.

• Members

I don't love that promo, but I will take anything. It's a good start. I would love to have promos like on SOAPnet with the actors doing bumpers, maybe even with Oprah. And of course promos that feature clips. That is whats going to get people tuning in. Show Debbi Morgan on last weeks episodes and you have a hit. They just need to focus on the powerful stuff and less fluff.

• Members

The new schedule makes less and less sense to me. I believe that PP is finding their way through the maze of ratings, people watching the show, the splicing and dicing and extreme editing going on, and a host of problems.

It is my hope that the new fall episodes will pick up steam and we can get out of this Summer Slump with these episodes coming from the fired writing team. PP has said that there will be some new people coming on board the show with surprises and such and such. I am willing and ready to be patient and just keep watching the show and get through this summer slow down.

Repeat, repeat, repeat. Who is making all these decisions and why?

• Members

You make a very valid point. Yes, promo work ASAP. I don't know why the actors are not continuing to get out there and talk up the show more with the extended LONG hiatus going on right now. I guess some of them have other projects lined up to fill in the time inbetween block filming.

• Members

Well it's Prospect Park's job to book the actors. They did a decent promo push at the beginning, but that was rushed and basically dropped once the shows premiered. We don't get updated promos like regular shows highlighting the storylines. Why isn't Debbi Morgan out promoting the show? I don't think they've had her do one talk show to promote this. They need to get her, Darnell and Sal on BET, TV One, etc. and OWN.

Archived