AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The ABC Enrique Iglesias "Escape" promos as well as the Daniel Bedingfield CBS promos - particularly the one with Martha Byrne, Roger Howarth and Grayson McCouch for ATWT - are my high point for promotion of the soaps in the last 13 years. Really well done.

• Members

Fond memories of when I used to think it was odd but not totally awful to see RH on any soap but OLTL. If I only knew what then what the future held...Thanks for digging up the Escape promos- from there I had a fun little 2002 mini marathon of Leo/Greenlee & some Nat/Cris who I had forgotten how much I liked until today.

• Members

I thought so, too, but TV Guide has it listed for Monday and Tuesday, and it seems legit, since cable nets love to air immediate encores of "new" episodes. I just don't think it's necessary for daytime programming, especially since the shows will only be airing within a 4-hour block. What ratings powerhouse is keeping OWN from airing the "new" block of eps at noon, a repeat at like 5pm and then one more airing at midnight?

• Members

I'd watch that. With David/Cara/J.R., or David/Angie/Jesse. And A.J. and Miranda. If they wanted to get freaky and court the seniors they could even whip up something for Brooke, Dimitri and Opal. (I haven't seen the week's shows yet so I don't know if Opal and Dimitri is truly a thing thus far.)

With OLTL, who knows. So much of that show seems in flux or in process. It's good, but it's not as focused - the only couples (who aren't already together) that they seem committed to exploring are Matthew/Dani/Destiny/Jeffrey and Todd and Blair. Cutter and Natalie, I'm not sure where that's going. (But again, I haven't seen this week - been busy.)

• Members

Hell yes, vet promos too. I was just throwing out names that very loosely matched up to the originals age-wise. Haven't seen the second AMC yet but I feel like Opal/Dimitri will not be a real thing- just a guess. OLTL is still a bit of work in progress with a lot of stories but I enjoyed this week immensely. I think the 4 day air schedule on OWN will benefit it as stories will get moving quicker. You're right that they are committed to their younger cast & I wish they would do some targeted marketing of them at the like 14-19 audience because I think that set could reel in some new viewers. While AMC has the teens too, there's just something different about the set-up on OLTL (maybe less traditionally soapy- which is both good & bad) that I think could really pull in a younger demo without soap history. But they need to do more than just the banners on Hulu to get them.

• Members

I'd love for some of those promos to be recreated or inspire new promos that are similar. Those were all well done, which surprised me at the time. I forgot all about them until now.

The schedule for OWN is a hot mess but hey, they're airing so yay, lol. I wish they would air them at night on top of the afternoon airings, because my mom has wanted to watch them (she can watch them on the 'net but she hates sitting for long periods of time because she sits all day in her job staring at a computer screen, so I can't blame her), and she's not at all interested in a DVR, lol.

I think PP needs to amp up the promotion a bit, IMO, and get the actors onto talk shows again, etc. I'm seeing such little promotion aside from the buzz they're getting from being on OWN this summer. At least SOD is starting to put them in the magazines, but I don't bother with SOD anymore. I know everything they print weeks before it even hits their magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not sure. I don't have a Nielsen box but I turned every TV I own to OWN this afternoon. It just made me feel better mentally, which is ridiculous I know.

Didn't really sit and watch the eps but I loved seeing the show son TV in the afternoon and the OLTL opening was FABULOUS looking in HD. I was shocked at how good it looked.

Archived