AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Allmc2008 - I put everything behind Son of Bronx's ratings info. Marc Berman and Son of Bronx always post similar ratings info. So yes, I believe these numbers to be true. I don't want to bother Son of Bronx everyday for the ratings, but he probably has them. Just ask.

• Members

He's referring to Prospect Park and their already established relationship with USA Network.

I'm sure it's safe to say USA wasn't interested, and even if they were, it's almost guaranteed the shows would have never aired outside of daytime. Whereas on OWN, it's still possible for a more varied schedule somewhere down the line.

• Members

Instead of them being on OWN were the ratings are terrible across the board and had financial difficulty since the beginning why couldn't they have put AMC/OLTL on a network they have a track record on that has better ratings overall. Don't they have other shows on USA? If that have a good track record at USA they probably would have been given a better time-slot.

• Members

I'm sure if that was the case, they would be on USA or another more popular network. I don't think cable networks were banging down their door this summer with news of a labor dispute & an ep reduction two weeks in. At worst, OWN is providing PP with some short-term cash paying for the ten weeks of eps.

• Members

I am not concerned and here's why:

1. It's OWN. The channel is ratings challenged, and many people do not get OWN due to it being in a pay cable package, not basic cable. I do wish that the show was on a more popular basic cable channel. Bravo would be perfect, and they could promote on Real Housewives. Plus, with the slot they were in, I think a show could be considered a success if there was ANY type of pulse whatsoever.

2. Lack of promotion. This has been something I have been meaning to post here, and maybe this is the wrong thread, but has anyone else noticed the complete lack of promotion PP/Hulu has been giving AMC/OLTL. I mean, ABC promotes GH more than PP promotes AMC/OLTL and that is a serious problem. They promoted the returns, now they have to keep promoting these shows if they want people to continue tuning in. Hopefully, as they continue to line their ducks up in a row, this will be addressed. I had such high hopes with the billboards....

3. Poor scheduling. Whoever's idea was it to run 2 previous episodes, a "new" episode, and then a rerun of the "new" episode should be fired. I think AMC/OLTL need to run together in a 1-hour block sometime between 4-7pm.

Archived