AMC & OLTL Get Summer Run On OWN

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I get the idea behind the scheduling. They want to utilize the 1 PM and 2 PM timeslots because the audience associates those time periods with their respective programs. I also suspect they want a four hour block in order to have Friday marathons.

Several serialized cable shows (Haves and Have Nots and the Real Housewives franchises among others) have been successful airing the previous installments prior to the new episode with a repeat episode following. Of course, the difference is these shows air weekly. With the soaps, it would appear this pattern is simply too much on a daily basis.

I agree with others that they should change up the schedule. If it was up to me, I would air 2 episodes of All My Children at 1 (yesterday's episode and then today's) followed by One Life to Live at 2 (following the same pattern). At three, I would air back to back episodes of today's All My Children followed by One Life to Live. To maintain the four hour block, I would air the Haves and the Have Nots at 12.

• Members

They'd run out of Haves and Have Nots awfully early, but the scheduling for AMC and OLTL does make sense. Yesterday and the new one in an hour block then the same for OLTL makes sense to me--but to have repeats for another hour and THEN OLTL doesn't--people who aren't huge fans may stick around 30 mins to see the other soap--but 90 mins? They have better things to do:P I dunno. I know Michael Fairman was suggesting at 2 switching to GH an then at three to OLTL and it would be "just like ABC" (logic I don't quite get, but... close enough I guess.)

• Members

With 8 weeks left to the OLTL/AMC run, they could air 2 cycles of THATHN. By the week of August 19th, they would catch up to where THATHN would be currently (episode 14). That week, they could air back to back OLTL/AMC "yesterday" episodes on Mon/Tues in the fictional 12 noon slot and then episodes 13 and 14 of THATHN on Wed/Thurs. The next week, they could start from episode 1 again and would reach the finale the same week as OLTL/AMC should be wrapping their run.

• Members

So these paltry 0.1s are an improvement for OWN? In that case no problem with the numbers that I can see. It is unrealistic that OWN would draw a half a million people at 1 PM when their breakout "hit" at night draws only 1.5 million. The Golf Channel will not get as many people watching the British Open as CBS would when they air it.

Archived