GH50: Discussion Week of June 3rd...

• Members

Chit, Sabrina is a selfish bitch who admitted that she's stooping to these tactics as a means to fight for relationship with Patrick and snoop on Britt by exposing her. The hell with what Felix might think. As long as moving Britt in benefits her, everyone else be damned

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We had been saying that for a while but a few fought us each and every time. It is common knowledge that writers get paid for these characters. While they are cutting expenses, they are also lining their pockets. Even when they are gone, the writers get paid for characters they create. Unfortunately for GH fans, FRon will be the last regime of this show. Tragic! Absolutely tragic!

• Members

Felix has made his life about Sabrina - it's a little late for him to change that.

I think in the past some writers have said the residuals you get are very tiny. I think it's just that Ron is a very limited writer who can only do certain types and doesn't care about history.

• Members

The Sabrina/Liz friendship was the same way. Super one sided and all about Sabrina. I'm glad Liz is doing something else now. But Felix truly has no purpose outside of being Sabrina's cheerleader.

Yesterday on twitter Ron said that TG is wrong about writers getting paid for new characters. dry.png

• Members

RC may not be wrong. Daytime has changed. Writers may have gotten residuals like back in the 80s or 90s but its not unreasonable that that isn't the case anymore. I wouldn't take TG as gospel. I see too many duds kept throughout numerous writers changes (Spinelli for example) to believe there is a vested interest in holding onto characters for residual. If that were the case RC probably wouldn't get rid of as many characters he creates for no reason (like Trey who actually had potential)

• Members

TG is wrong. Writer's don't get residuals for creating characters. Previous HWs on other soaps have confirmed this and I asked writers this personally from doing seminars when I was in film school. If that was the case, these shows wouldn't making no money. I think it's a writer thing--wanting to make your lasting mark on the show; however, some writers fail to see greater good and just utilize history.

• Members

I think it was true at one time, but this was said to be very little money. This used to come up with people who hated Megan McTavish and claimed she only created new characters for money. I think some said the same about JFP when she was ghostwriting OLTL for a year. At the time the response was, from whoever, that it was not worth it if you were doing it for money. And I can believe that they get zero money for it today.

Archived