GH50: Discussion Week of June 3rd...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. And its been going in circles since last December or whenever the reading of the will was with Tracy getting the relish. I can at least look back at AJ's return and say I enjoyed the beginning of it. Sean Kanan has done a wonderful job but the story and writing is just terrible. I do enjoy some of his scenes with Michael & Tracy and especially Liz & Monica.

• Members
That was probably the last story I really liked on the show, as I always hoped his death would be undone.

Other than that I've mainly enjoyed moments more so than actual stories. I was a big fan of Todd/Carly mainly due to RH/LW's chemistry and because I've been so over Todd/Blajr for ages, but once the legal issues popped up and their story got rushed to a conclusion I was over it. Honestly I liked some of what Todd brought to the canvas in general as RH seemed to really click with his co-stars but I don't have that same affection for the character of Franco and it seems RH refuses to play him as anything but a doofus.

That was probably the last story I really liked on the show, as I always hoped his death would be undone.

Other than that I've mainly enjoyed moments more so than actual stories. I was a big fan of Todd/Carly mainly due to RH/LW's chemistry and because I've been so over Todd/Blajr for ages, but once the legal issues popped up and their story got rushed to a conclusion I was over it. Honestly I liked some of what Todd brought to the canvas in general as RH seemed to really click with his co-stars but I don't have that same affection for the character of Franco and it seems RH refuses to play him as anything but a doofus. And the whole making his and KA's character Father/Daughter again based on the chemistry they had when she was a kid is just stupid.

Plus I was starting to get flashbacks of when Tea was keeping Dani from TSJTodd with this Ava/Franco/KoKo mess.

• Members

Some love sick punk who's an embarrassment to organized crime? I don't believe you like what Sonny has become at all. What you meant to say is that Ron has reduced Sonny's airtime [to give it to Todd 2.0] - but did he have to reduce the character in the process?

How much are you willing to bet that Sonny has not done what needs to be done with Todd 2.0 for the sake of that piece of garbage Konnie?

• Members

I said in my post that people who don't like Sonny at all think the writing for his character is "brilliant". The fact is, he isn't written for at all. He's been sidelined for the Cartini pets. If you don't like Sonny and you love the pets, of course it's brilliant. There is no question that the focus on Sonny, Carly and Jason over the last decade has damaged the show. It needed to be balanced. This isn't balance. Sonny, and Jason (not so much Carly) have simply been replaced by new screen hogs. I've seen the cheering that Jason is dead and Sonny marginalized. That's one opinion.

I've never seen feed back that was so polar. There seems to be no middle ground.

• Members

Some only scream for balance when it's not their fav. Now that Roger has and will again dominate GH, the people against CarSaSon see things differently. They believe having 100 characters on in any given eppy and useless vets, w/out real stories, that the show didn't need is balance. In the mean time, you get every blessed detail of Todd/2.0 and Star/2.0's stories. No half stepping with these two.

Sonny has been reduced to nothing, and before the last 8 weeks or so, he was Konnie's love interest and not the other way around. Mo could have remained the lead male, and if we must, Roger the other lead male. As it stands, Todd 2.0 is GH's central character and he is tied to just about all the main characters after only 3 weeks on canvas. He's a Q [for now]. He's Pukeki's father [for now]. He's the target of a hit by Sonny and Carly as well as being the man who assaulted Sam but will eventually be her bestie.

Just watched when that wonderful vet, Snora, returns from her honeymoon with ChiaScot - he will be making sure she stays away from Luke while she wanders aimlessly. BTW, no one does that better than Genie!

And where's Lucy? Not that I give 2 chits about her, but where is this vet and Kevin, the person who should have been treating Konnie?

Yep, that's balance allright!

Archived