GH50: Discussion Week of June 3rd...

• Members

there's no trying lol It's a mix of both.

It's their perrogative to do so. I just hate people acting like Jason is somehow better than Franco. He's not. he MURDERED people for money and enjoyed doing it. Thats sociopathic right there.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It has nothing to do with who's better than who. It's about 2 inept morons with a Soap God Complex trying to turn a sociopath into a long term central character. Criminals have long shelf lives on shows. However, the criminally insane should NOT last past 6 months. Jason and Franco should not be compared!

• Members

Pretty much. This went from "aren't you happy that we're free of those mob thugs" to, "hey Franco is just like Jason, so that's no big deal!" in no time at all.

At least with Jason we weren't invited to support him for making a woman believe she was raped and raping the son of the woman he's going to be involved with.

• Members

LOL! That was kinda insane. And her justification made no sense. Giver her YOUR room, Sabrina.

God, I don't care why Felix's horrendous sister is blackmailing him. RC excells at creating younger female characters (he was responsible for Langston's half cousin or sister or something who stuck pins into her condoms and then went insane on drugs or something, right?)

• Members

Right, this is what I thought--the soap owners are the ones who gain from new characters in theory. The mainstream comic book business and soap business are so similar--it was only recently that writers and artists on comic book franchises did get some monetary rights to their characters they created, and they fought hard for that (they still don't get much--but for a while anyway it did create a market where writers would, say, create a brand new X-Man when they could have brought a similar old one back--just for that reason.)

• Members

Right, as someone else mentioned I think it has more to do with writer's ego, or at the least it makes sense that many new writers would prefer to create and write their own creations--in a way I can hardly blame them on that. (Of course many writers will bring back an old character and write them like a new one anyway.)

• Members

I've never heard that--but I don't think I want to.

Thank God for you--for a second I was worried the majority of people were liking her. SHe's awful--and typical of Ron's young female creations (except when they're Sabrina...) Do Felix's parents not know he's gay? Do I care?

• Members

The only way this Felix story would be interesting is if he's actually not gay and this is all some sham and he's hiding who he is for other reasons, but the show isn't going to do that, and it probably wouldn't make sense. He's such an !@#$%^&*] I'm not sure why I should care about his coming out, especially when I struggle to believe the actor as playing a gay man. It's like watching David Alan Grier play a coming out sketch in Men on Film. I just don't buy it.

• Members

If Felix's parents don't know he's gay, then they've never met him!

Taylor could be a likable character, but she's unnecessary annoying. She didn't even work up to being annoying. She's just annoying because it's probably so totally cool to be annoying. FRon always sabotage their characters at the starting gate.

And I would feel so bad for anyone who had not watched this show in a little over a year only to return to 200 characters in one eppy and recognize about 3 (CarSon and Sam).

The scenes were about 12 seconds each because there were just too many damn characters! I guess this is another way to keep "stories" going, huh?

I will just pray on it.

Archived