GH50: Discussion Week of June 3rd...

• Members

Is he in real life? I didn't know. Either he's trying to play GH's idea of a gay man, or he just can't act. I'm guessing both.

I'm tired of coming out stories, especially when the person coming out is a sycophantic jerk. These stories have been done over and over and haven't been done well in years. When Ron did this story on OLTL with Fish it was forced and it felt like it was being done solely because of the idea that any gay character has to have a coming out storyline.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's partly how he's written--he's the sassy gay black guy, and I don't think the actor--good or not--could play it too differently. Still I don't think they're going for a coming out story--though it still seems, albeit it too obvious, that that's what his sister is holding over him--I suppose they could cast his parents and play all that but it would be beyond redundant for the reasons you say, and due to how the character is.

• Members

I tried watching today & just couldn't. Its like the show just has random people in random conversations that never move stories forward. I am done with this show. I cannot force myself to watch it. The show can't even hold my attention for 5 minutes. For 5 damn minutes! Lol

• Members

I thought it was very well done. Not preachy or heavy handed. The story isn't really about the Lesbian Couple being a Lesbian Couple. It's about this blended family and the natural conflicts that arise from trying to fit all these different and complex characters into a real family. The family just happens to have parents who are gay. I really liked it a lot. Not sure I will keep watching it. I just happened to catch it, and I am so not into appointment TV anymore.

Archived