GH50: Discussion Week of June 3rd...

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He said to himself or to the guy on the plane when he first started that it was to make ELQ vulnerable to a takeover.

Honestly, I feel like I'm watching a completely different show from most of the rest of y'all. I'm watching Quartermaine drama (uniting while squabbling -- so my GH of the 90s!), medical drama, young love, people with conflicting feelings about their parents and families, brothers, discussions of morality and ethics. It's a breeze to watch and the first thing I watch every night. It's far from just comedy, but comedy is an important vein of good drama, soap, and life as well.

KMan101, glad you like AJ and Michael at least.

Brad is a very non-stereotypical gay character, and non-streotypical Asian too, and he didn't "turn" gay; he was flirting with Felix on his second episode and Felix was acting all grossed out but playing along to get info about Britt weeks ago. I don't remember any racial comment from Felix. I'm loving the recent Asian representation of this show with Brad, Judge Chua at Franco's bail hearing, and mutliple East Asian and South Asian doctors who are just dayplayers, but with personality and presence. The casting has really caught up to the 21st century.

• Members
I'm not watching. So I'm offering a totally unqualified opinion which I encourage you to ignore. You sound like you are determined to enjoy GH and you are fully prepared to ignore how stupid it is. And work very hard to find something to enjoy. Bully for you. I think maybe you are representative of the audience.

Lucky for GH that it appeals to an audience that doesn't have high expectations.

• Members

Ron is just writing Sonny into the ground. Just like he did Jason. Clearly he's taking the easy way out. Don't eliminate them. Just reduce them to vapor.

I get that the mob years were atrocious for some viewers. But this isn't a change. It's a substitution.

• Members

I've been a big cartini fan since they joined gh. But they went way overboard with the returns of the three oltl actors in May. The high camp has overtaken the show. The worst is the plot to assassinate Franco. Carly is now a mobster!? And how dumb dumb dumb to have Shawn try to off Franco at the courthouse then the mansion. Is David kriezman writing this show? It's high school theatre! And little tacky days of our lives is beating gh in the ratings.

• Members

What confuses me is why now? Because of the 3 Lifers? When was there ever any good storytelling under Craptini? Outside of the blatant massive boner for all things Roger Howarth, nothing has changed. The overall structure of the show is and has been abysmal since Craptini took over. The bottom has fallen out of all of the "stories" should they decide to conclude something. The characters lack any kind of depth and nothing means nothing unless it's needed for plot purposes down the road. Continuity? This could take all damn day.

How long did anyone believe the "return" of the vets was going to hide this schlock? When they are off screen for weeks/months on end, it shows how unimportant they are to the canvas". I'm a bait and switch private investigator, and I saw thru the "returns" from the jump.

So again I have to ask...why now?

• Members

Cartini, as a duo, are one of those slow burn destroyers of a soap. They give 5 months or so of great stories to pacify us, then Starr/Téa gets thrown into baby madness, Tess/Connie starts wreaking havoc, Sabrina/Gigi start becoming insufferable propped bitches...whiles Easton stares into space as John/Silas.

• Members

What were the great stories they told on GH? I'm being serious here.

Since AW, GH was my favorite soap, and I was miserable upon learning this duo would be taking over. They proved my fears valid. There were a few things here and there that were ok, but to date, I have not seen anything great from these two. The "writing" team as a whole is the biggest joke.

Archived