HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder why Prospect Park doesn't just focus on one show at a time. It seems crazy trying to launch one, let alone two. All this time they should've been paying writers to create story bibles for reboots, spin-offs, etc. and see which one can easily be put together. They shouldn't even be THINKING about Todd, Starr or McBain. Those characters are minor in the grand scheme of things. They seem so short-sighted and have no imaginations at all.

• Members

I agree. They need to start small and slow. They should have had stuff percolating for months, no more rush jobs, that burned them last time. They need a [!@#$%^&*] life coach, a SOAP coach. They can't do this without some strong counsel.

• Members

The crazy thing is that we KNOW they leaked this. The soap press already knew they were trying, but kept their mouths shut. They leaked this to the mainstream press and once again they weren't ready. It makes them look terrible AGAIN. I try not to care and to be optimistic, but they don't make it easy.

• Members

Even if they immediately hired writers to create a story bible, I can't see them being able to assemble even a small writing team and get a pilot and workable idea ready. They should've leaked this info at least AFTER they had writers onboard. This is just too silly for me. I don't understand how they have hit primetime shows. This really isn't rocket science. The UK has very modern soaps that use the five-days-a-week model (hell, Emmerdale has SIX episodes a week) and they have huge ratings. I figured with their primetime experience we'd get modern thinking like that, but these people are just as dumb as a sack of bricks. I even think Brian Frons could've done a better job than they've shown.

• Members

The sad thing is I believe that Prospect Park leaked this information to the media to create a buzz because they honestly believe because they are capable of producing prime time shows that they are capable of re-inventing the daytime drama for the web - but it is just two different beasts, and if they were to have any chance at success, the writing team should have been assembled six months ago - creating three different long term story projections - one with Erica alive, another with Erica dead and a third with Erica in a coma. I don't believe that Pine Valley couldn't survive without the character, ultimately, but her character is synonymous with All My Children - and the stories and cast/re-cast would need to stem around Erica Kane, at least for launching.

• Members

That whole article is one statement of rumor ("I'm hearing that ABC has in fact granted Prospect Park an extension on their license agreement. Whereas PP originally had to get production of AMC and OLTL off the ground by the end of January 2013, they reportedly now have until the end of February.") followed by paragraph after paragraph of conjecture and speculation attributed to un-named sources. It's getting people all worked up by gossip over the question of who's joining when there's nothing to join yet. This is exactly what happened the last time around. Everybody got caught up with fantasy casting and virtual fanfic while PP accomplished absolutely nothing.

• Members

Okay It really pisses me off reading articles saying the "OLTL characters are a part of GH's success and ratings gain". No, No, No, NO, NO! Lol the three OLTL characters on GH weren't even liked by a lot of OLTL fans when they were ON OLTL. I would love Prospect Park forever if they got Starr off GH. That would be a great Christmas present. ABC knows good and well Prospect Park won't have these shows in production by February. For starters they have no sets, wardrobe, Hair and Makeup people, cast, crew, writers. They will never have this done by February. Maybe ABC will do something to bring them back. I would honestly have a re-launch from ABC then PP which is a company we know little about with so many unanswered questions.

• Members

As a soap fan who no longer feels as though I have a 'dog in the race', I'm just going to wait and see how this all shakes out.

As a soap fan who has seen the industry make a lot of puzzling choices that ended up backfiring or wreaking havoc with their product in the future (wiping, anyone?), none of what's been describes surprises me. One head scratching detail after another emerges yet, I cannot honestly say these things surprise me anymore.

Archived