HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I honestly don't know what to believe but if this is true we'll definitely have to get something official because PP has only 8 weeks to get everything done and there should be a whirlwind of info coming our way very soon. I hope it's true but I am still so guarded about all of this because of the HUGE disappointment from last year.

• Members

I was right!!!

I still expect this whole thing to not happen or fail horribly if it does, but I have to hand it to PP with this pick. I don't know if GS is good or bad but she was at AMC a LONG time and worked her way up through every production position only to see the show pack up and move away.

I just hope she took this position because she was convinced there is something real to this, and not out of financial desperation without regard for reality.

• Members

I keep seeing GS being referred to as having been a producer and writer for AMC, but I don't think she ever wrote for the show. At least not officially. I think that "fact" stems from someone editing her Wikipedia profile to say she wrote during the strike. Which she may well have, but even that was just 3 months.

Which isn't to say she couldn't be a HW.

Otherwise, if PP is only looking at fi-core writers then who do we have for AMC? Mr. James Harmon Brown.

ETA SOD's blurb on this:

• Members

I'm optimistic and excited by this news, but like Hamlet said, "Words, words, words..." I don't think it'll really hit me until I see a promo or a photo spread in SOD.

Or a press release from our Lucci and Saviour.

BTW, if this is all true, Erika Slezak and David Canary live rather close to where they'd be shooting, they could literally go home for lunch (or at least have a short commute). Perhaps DC would consider coming back if AMC was in his "backyard" so to speak.

• Members

I sure hope this is a Christmas miracle and it turns out to be true!

Logistically the fact both shows would tape in the same studio complex makes a lot of sense because of a 30 min 4 times a week format they would only need to hire one production crew for both shows. They'd just have to plan not to be taping the same days and by doing that they'll save a ton of money.

• Members

This is all so weird. I can't wait until we know the names for writers being considered. This could be truly frightening; Who is checking to make sure these writers are even any good? There ARE good FiCore writers out there, but this is pretty scary. Will they know AMC/OLTL history? Can they write? That is more important than who they get to act in it IMO. They can easily throw together a cast of existing cast members with some newbies. Especially if these shows are half hour, since they'd only need a smaller cast.

Archived