HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Has it been reported definitively yet what's happening with Hogan at Y&R?

JER is dead. I've never heard of John F. Cosgrove, Terry A. Meuer, or Janine Vogelaar. Paula Cwikly, Jeanne Marie Ford, Jack Smith, Gary Tomlin, Kay Alden, Michael Conforti, Josh Griffith, and Fran Myers aren't going to leave their current jobs for this huge gamble.

So that leaves us with about 12. Even with smaller writing teams to account for fewer and shorter episodes that means all 12 of those writers would have to agree to this project lol.

• Members

Who says that the writers listed under Fi-core have to be chosen? I'm sure there are up and coming writers that haven't joined the writers guild that could be used... especially ones that have a passion for the genre and both shows.

Hasn't the big complaint over the last several years involve recycling the same writers over and over? Perhaps we can get some new blood , especially newbie writers that can work for less money then established writers... just a thought.

• Members

Question: is there no longer a stigma to being a fi-core writer? I remember during the strike that fi-core writers were considered little more than scabs. Has that changed? If so I think there would be a lot more people listed to choose from and if not then I don't see why a writer would screw with their reputation by getting involved with this project.

If it's true that Lindsay Hartley has "signed" then I'm a little surprised. She wasn't who I expected to be among the first to sign. I expected KDP and MA for OLTL and Mathison for AMC.

• Members

LOL! I could totally see him joining in some capacity. He's like the Ted McGinley of soaps, followed by Easton and Howarth.

I like Cosgrove and I've always hoped he would get more primetime work. I saw him in an episode of The Good Wife a few years back and I hoped it would turn into a recurring thing. Instead he disappeared and the character known as "Greasy Cop" took his place.

Archived