HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Members
Maybe Mona's could be related to a OLTL family as a way to tie the shows together. Not saying they should combine both shows but that would be a good way to add continuity the way same way Dr. Wolek went to AMC back in 1970. I hope they will embrace OLTL and AMC being sister soaps.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The family, along with homemaker mother Faye Pierce, assumed Elsie was dead, but made it seem as though she simply ran away. They disposed of the "suicide" note. The Pierce family were so ashamed and saddened that they never mentioned it again and told the town that Elsie eventually married and moved to England with her "husband".

The town slowly forgot about Elsie.

The Polynesian boy Elsie had a tryst with lived at the Tyler mansion; his mother worked as Phoebe's housekeeper (before Mrs. Valentine).

• Members

It's funny that you bring up Lindsay Hartley as I just checked to she what see was up to on IMDB and since she was one of the contract players in this reboot last year I'm wondering if she will continue with this version of AMC. She is an awesome actress and I think she can actually become the new face of the AMC reboot as they're going to need to find somebody after Susan Luci to take the reigns as the leading character on this show. I always thought that had AMC never got cancelled she was going to be the future of the show as she led Passions for so many years and could easily lead another soap.

• Members

BTW, wasn't Asa related to the Woleks? I seem to remember reading that in Soapworld or some other book. Or was he related to the Cortlandts? My memory is foggy right now, but I am almost positive that it was established that Asa was related to another prominent family on OLTL or AMC. This was before my time, but like I said, I definitely read that in some soap realted book published in the '80s that I read n the '90s.

• Members

When AMC debuted the white linen opening in 1995, Erica appeared as the first face in two versions of the opening (half the cast in each). One version had a strand of pearls by her pic, and the other had a silver locket by Erica's pic and it looked like the initials on it were MKS. I always assumed that this was supposed to be Mona's locket. A woman's monogram has the first name initial on the left, the middle name initial on the right, and the last name initial in the middle. So Mona (blank) Kane. The middle name could have been a proper name like Susan or a last name like Stevens. Who knows... And yes, perhaps I am thinnking WAY too much about this. laugh.png

• Members

1. Solid writing. I want believable stories that I can relate to, with heightened reality. I do not want to see a talking dog. There are so many real-life situaitons to be explored. Do we really need multiple who's the daddy, back from the dead, baby switching stories AGAIN? Really, I think this is the opportunity to explore fresh talent. Do it! As others have said, the WRITING is KEY. Also, I really do like scenes that last for more than a minute. If its engaging, you won't lose people. Humor, romance, adventure. Explore the human condition.This was a strength in Agnes Nixon soaps. It was lost. Soaps lost their heart. One more thing. Complex characters, please. I will NOT watch if I see any more cartoon writing.

2. Think multi-generational and diverse. Respect for performers of all ages is a must. They are all vital and have lives. They mirror your audience. There are core families on both soaps. They need to be the foundation. One of the things that attracted me to OLTL was its diversity. People of all races, sexuality watch your soap.

3. Actors. TALENT please. I often wondered with so many performers out of work, why soap viewers were forced to watch talentless actors. If you can find a cheap bad actor, can't you find a cheap good one when so many are unemployed? Bring back familiar faces along with adding others. I want to recognize my soap.

4. Respect the audience. Do not talk down to viewers. Treat us as if we have intelligence.

5. Watch the show.

6. Location. I like what someone above said about taking advantage of outside shots.

7. Consult with those who know the genre. People like Agnes Nixon, Claire Labine, and others who helped define the genre are still with us. They love the genre, want it to succeed and would give great advice. Listen.

Archived