HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My sentiments,exactly! I almost had Frons out of my mind :)

The 30 minute 4 days a week schedule is a good idea. The recap show could be a recap, interview type thing and maybe throw in bloopers, or even have a "The Soup" type segment where they gently mock things.

Of course I am still not getting any hopes up, but at least this time around, there is more concrete info leaked. I also am skeptical of PP following through.They did such a piss poor job last time.

As to casting, with so many AMC cast members in LA now, I wonder how many would go back east to film. If they handled the shooting schedule right, LA people interested in going back could go east for a few weeks, film, then head back. Considering the shorter show, they would also have to, I would think, give the actors more leeway in doing other projects. The pay here would still be lower than network.

• Members

I think it is doable, even more so than a year ago. Syfy just finished an online only series called Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome, and while you could see it did not have the production values of a TV show (a tiny cast, limited FX, one story and no sub plots) it still was very impressive and might be the most ambitious online undertaking to date. This episode from 2 months ago has gotten over 2 million hits. The most recent episode from a few weeks ago I think it was, has over a half a million. There is a market for online content and I believe Syfy deemed this series a success and will rebroadcast it on TV and sell it as a DVD as well.

• Members

I'm just praying to God that IF these shows are revived that people who care for the genre, respect each show's history & character, and don't have a problem researching history before writing (the best part of writing IMO) are connected to these shows. Maybe they ought to look around here and hire some people on this boards, as they know the history of these shows like nothing. . .

Archived