HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree that OLTL became too Passions-like for my taste. I didn't watch Passions, but when I did I could appreciate it for what it was. And that's what it was from beginning to end, it didn't pretend to be anything other than that from jump street. If OLTL were to come back, there's some serious work to be done. A lot of ducks to get in order. particularly because of the OLTL developments concerning characters OLTL relied heavily on. AMC would more flawlessly transition into a new life, imo. That doesn't mean that OLTL isn't worth reviving, I just think it's easier for AMC because that show has remained untouched.

• Members

TSJ is someone I keep thinking about in this discussion. Wasn't he pretty much done with OLTL though, he only did the cliffhanger because the show wasn't moving to PP at that point? It's not even necessary for them to address Victor Jr. still being alive right away though that is obviously something they'd want to get to. And UGH, what if they recast him because TSJ doesn't want to come back then TSJ decides that he DOES want to come back and we have to endure even MORE twin/double bullshit??

1338425216241.gif

• Members

My biggest fear is that Viki will get lost in the shuffle and what's OLTL without Viki? At least that's how I feel. I do NOT want Jessica as lead heroine if a bunch of Tess/Bess/Watercress crap comes with the deal. I would even consider recasting her and not touching upon that history for YEARS unless we had Sybil quality writing and acting that didn't treat DID like some campy joke.

laugh.png!

• Members

TSJ did want to leave OLTL, but when it got canceled he told FV he would stay. FV told him it was too late and there was no money in the budget for him to continue for the extra few months. TSJ filmed his scenes before PP announced they were dropping plans for the soaps, so who knows what they were planning if OLTL had made the transition earlier this year.

I think Erika Slezak would be interested to do it.

First things first, we need a new and improved Jessica, with Melissa Archer as Natalie and we need a story where it's revealed that Brody actually fathered both Liam and Ryder. :)

• Members

Logistically, we have to remember that the OLTL cast is now divided up between New York & California. That's going to prove to be an issue when it comes to getting the cast back together and finding a location to film. I know that with AMC, a majority of the cast remains in California, with the exception of Ray MacDonnell, David Canary, & Julia Barr who are back on the East Coast.

• Members

Out of the two, I see OLTL being the soap that is easier to bring back their stars. Majority of them are not doing major projects with Bree Williamson being the exception-- and I am glad for that as I'm all for Jessica being recast. Either get Erin Torpey back or try and get Erin Hershey Pressley to play Jessica *ducks from tomatoes being thrown*

AMC is going to be hard because their major power players are East coast based.

IMO, if they are going to redo these shows, they either need to be filmed in LA or even come down here to Atlanta and shoot them. Filming in ATL is extremely cheap. But NYC (sadly) should be out the equation as these shows need to remain on budget.

Again, that is if the shows ever see the light of day again.

• Members

The biggest problem is looking at these shows as true continuations. This isn't like Dallas where you had a next generation nicely setup, soaps are convoluted and have tons of characters. They need to be looking at SPIN-OFFS or a remake. If they did a spin-off then AMC is the one to pursue because it's the bigger brand. A spin-off centered around Erica and her kids is a sure-fire hit. I've said that before and I truly believe it. Age Kendall and Bianca's kids and put it on ABCFamily. Then for Lifetime you could easily do a spin-off featuring the Hubbard's thats more of a procedural show. Also these ideas would only require they get a small amount of actors back. Overall they should commission writers to create several different spin-off ideas and see which one works best and go from there.

If you're going to bring back AMC or OLTL as a main show then they probably should limit it to two existing families and bring on several new families so you can avoid having to recast half the cast. Just focus on different parts of the city.

Archived