HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am nowhere near understanding of believing any of this news, but when PP originally announced their plans, it included TV broadcast rights for the two shows. Of course, no actual channel was ever announced. Maybe part of the new "plans" include TV? As much as I loved the original OLTL, and for as long as I had watched it (33 years), I could not imagine sitting in front of my computer an hour a day to watch it.

• Members

I am not to worried about the actors for AMC. The show has been gone for a year plus it ended with a shooting. They could try to secure some available actors or try to make Susan Lucci free for a number of episodes to temporary write Erica out by having her go on a vacation or something. Basically, since they ended with the gun going off all they need to do is have some of the characters that are played by unavailable actors at this time in a coma for the time being. As people become free there characters will be revived. Either that or some characters could have "Moved On" with there life since it had been a year but leave the door open for a return. They could say that Ryan and Greenlee moved on (If I had it my way they moved on to heaven). Like I said not every character has to be in a coma. Maybe 2 in a coma and the rest elsewhere. The ones we no arn't coming back are the ones that are dead. Even JR could be in a hospital. I hope someday (if the show comes back) he will be redeemed. I don't see why the show can't be back. Also, why would Prospect Park be doing this to be Tacky? What would be there motive?

• Members

#Not going down the rabbit hole....#Not going down the rabbit hole...

If PP is serious and if they are somehow connected to ABC, then they should make this shows available for streaming to TV on Hulu or one of the many other channels out there. Between Hulu, Amazon and Netfilx, I stream most of my shows to my TV. There's also a few other specialty channels I subscribe to: NBC news, Acorn TV (British shows and movies), Cracked which I barely watch but still has some halfway decent content. Streaming and TV on Demand are becoming the norm.

Also plenty of people watch TV on their computers. They just do it at work or when they are traveling. I remember reading somewhere a little while ago that the traffic at Comedy Central and its show websites peak every day around lunch time because people watch the shows at their desks. Besides that look at how many people watch stuff on their phones. However I've noticed that while the two shows Prospect Park does produce (Royal Pains and Wilfred) are available on Hulu, neither is available for streaming to TV or mobile devices. That's something they would need to change.

I see that the pitiful shell of a website that PP launched last year is still live: http://theonlinenetwork.com. I was genuinely expecting it to be gone.

• Members

As much I will always love OLTL, I was past it's (second) cancellation fairly quickly once it was off the air. I will admit that T&B and Starr being on GH were initially what brought me over there for the first time ever, because that's my second favorite soap couple/family, but looking back, even with the (VERY) unresolved cliffhangers, I would have been fine if that ending had stood so I could come up with an ending for myself. And besides which, watching countless old GH YouTube clips prepared me for the awesome Scorpio family (and Lucy!) to be THE reasons I'm watching GH right now!

Coming up with my own fan fic about continuing OLTL is enough for me, thank you. (Even though, not going to lie, part of me would still be curious to see what happened if OLTL, or ANY other cancelled soap, were actually revived--but I'm speaking rhetorically here).

I will say this, though: Having only been allowed to watch one hour long soap a day by my mom and no more, watching OLTL meant NOT watching AMC (save for wedding episodes I taped off SN, and bits and pieces over the years, usually before OL). Seeing how so many here watched, loved, and miss the show, I wish I had watched it on a regular basis at some point so I can talk with you guys more about it! My next YouTube project, perhaps? wink.png As long as you point me to the right stuff! smile.png

Archived