HOLIDAY MIRACLE: Prospect Park Back On Track To Revive AMC and OLTL

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You'd think that such a huge fail for a second time would really hurt the reputation of a production company like PP, so they wouldn't make such an announcement haphazardly. And yet I feel that the industry at large, the non-soap watching audience, and even PP, has so little respect for the genre that this not happening yet again would widely go ignored. And once more, it's only the soap fans and professionals who get yanked around and duped. I've got a little birthday cake candle of optimism burning here, but like MrQ and marceline, I need receipts.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the interest former stars of these shows would have in coming back. The unemployment rate for actors is ridiculous. Don't give actors too much credit for being principled and "over it" when many of them cannot afford to be that cavalier in terms of career options.

• Members

I want to be excited but with the writers in question, if this does really happen, it seems like it could be an epic fail. I wouldn't want McTavish back at AMC and OLTL was flourishing under Cartini but not before they took over, so if they remain at GH, what happens if both shows return poorly written only to be canceled again less than a year later?

• Members

AMC was and still is one of my favorite shows, that I watched since I was like 10 years old (with my late paternal grandmother). I would love to see it come back. However, ABC does have the rights to AMC. If their truly interested in bringing it back I say do it but on the airwaves, not the internet. Most of the actors have not secured other jobs. Even though Susan Lucci has signed two contracts, isnt the role on the Maids show recurring, so she could do AMC full time (especially if it too is an ABC show).

• Members

First of all I don't believe it until I see it. I won't get sucked in like last time only to have it puled away. To be honest with everyone I don't want to see AMC REVIVED. Sorry AMC fans but that ship sailed to me. AMC was so bad for like its last six years except for short periods when Lorriane wrote it that I don't want to see it back. What I really really want more then anything is closure nad that was what AMC fans didn't get. I would rather see PP/ABC invest in a 2 hour TV movie that wraps up the entire series so we get an ending from the show. What I want is a TV MOVIE OF AMC with closue that way I can let sleeping dogs lie. OLTL I love so much and would love to see it back but I loved how it ended and I don't want a revive to tarnish how muh I loved the ending. Really though OLTL makes more sense because it has a GH crossover component and the actors would be cheaper. Its much cheaper to execute OLTL renewel and Frank/Ron cna be consultants with new people helming it. AMC is too expensive, that ship has sailed and what I want is CLOSURE period then I am fine.

• Members

All My Children wasn't THAT bad. I only thought certain stories were bad but never the whole show and I thought the majority of it was good. I'll be honest and say I would love for All My Children to come back. For me personally it was the complete opposite. I still loved AMC but the OLTL ship sailed for me. I did not like Ron C. and Frank V's. version of OLTL. They made it ridiculous. I've said it before but the OLTL I preferred was Michael Malone's OLTL of the 90's. It was just so good and was great, riveting drama. Cartini turned OLTL into a comedy hour and I thought the whole fraternity row story was ridiculous. I loved AMC. I loved the Kane Women, Angie and Jessie, the Chandlers, Dixie and Tad. If I had to pick between the two I would select AMC over OLTL.

Archived