GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can definitely see her having done Young Frankenstein. I think she's gifted at comedy. The problem is a lot of what RC gives her isn't funny. It's someone's cliche idea of 'funny.'

Ron can be funny, and has been on this show and OLTL. It's when he tries too hard - as he constantly does with Connie - that it both sucks and blows.

• Members

Comedy Connie is mostly there to play to the cheap seats. There are a lot of people who think rape is funny. There are a lot of people who think women who are raped are naughty girls. This is for them. That is all she has ever been and all she will ever be.

• Members

I can understand why they brought Kate back.

Look at what happened. Brenda, the love of Sonny's life returns, and he tells her to her face point-blank that he chooses power and crime over love every time. That he will never do anything else because he is that crippled and damaged as a man. It was a brilliant scene last summer, but it should have effectively been the end of Sonny as a romantic lead, unless he were to someday reverse himself and do right by Brenda. Because what else is there after that for him? That's out there in the open, onscreen. But there's still pressure at the show, foolishly, to keep MB as a romantic lead, so what are they going to do? A new woman would be foolish after Brenda. So what? Carly? No. Alexis apparently is forbidden (though I think they actually have a lot of spark again lately - a lot of it).

The Sonny/Kate pairing was actually appealing to a lot of people, across the board, me included. So they figure, let's try that. Closest we can get to Brenda. Worth a shot, but the writing was terrible and IMO Sullivan was miscast. They should've gotten Megan Ward or no one. Or not done it at all.

Archived