GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the idea of resting the Nurse's Ball was the worst. It had become a shadow of itself in the last years - less and less focused on HIV and AIDS, and on a show which had given up the pretense of condom use. I think they were right to rest it...just not for a decade.

• Members

I think both Carson and S&B fans hate the pairing, but I think S&Bers have the larger, more vocal, and more intensely dedicated fanbase. I just don't understand the reasoning behind bothering her on twitter when you don't like her or her character or her pairing. I never understand why people on social media follow or reply to people they hate. I don't understand why S&Bers hate her so much considering at the end of the day S&B and Brenda will always hold up as a hugely popular couple and character, respectively, while Kate is a blip on the GH radar. As a Brenda/S&B fan, I couldn't care less about KSu/Kate/Skate and don't think Brenda needs to be back unless it is for the Nurse's Ball or Robin's return or to whisk Sonny off-canvas. Brenda is no longer critical to the canvas in any fashion and works better in small doses. I agree that Ksu is smug and her portrayl of Kate is OTT, but it's not her fault VM chose to leave. She only plays the cartoonish material she is given and perhaps is too sensitive considering the amount of people she blocks. A lot of actors have big egos and would rather hear only the positives. It won't help her acting in the long run, but I don't see KSu really making it big. She is an adequate performer that is attractive enough, but she has no IT factor whatsoever.

• Members

The thing with Kelly Sullivan is that she's a gorgeous woman, but she's a Broadway actress, not a soap star. One of the problems OLTL always had was that they were bringing these Broadway stars in who just weren't really cut out for soaps, with the exception of Patricia Elliott (Renee) & Peter Bartlett (Nigel).

• Members

Ugh having her tied to Juan is silly. Is she somehow related to Lily or Miguel? Or just the adoptive parents? Anyway, strange to tie her to such a forgettable character, although if she is related to the Riveras it could open up some mob related story for her.

Archived