GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I actually like CarJax too. I love Jax in general. I don't think getting VM back will be much of a challenge, either. I actually would prefer she stay gone, as well, because I don't really know what use she has on the canvas aside from being Sonny's bedwarmer at this point and I am a huge fan. She would be useful in writing Sonny off for a short arc, but she really has no other connections outside of Robin. GH moved past Brenda years ago and Guza made no attempt to integrate her into the canvas this last return. They just awkwardly inserted her into nearly every story and made her the apple of every man's eye and the bane of every women's existence, which is not what Brenda was about in her heyday.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I'm not at all implying that bootleg Kate is to blame for the destruction of S&B/Brenda being thrown under the bus. Quite to the contrary, I find it insulting that one would claim that we S&B fans would sink to that base level by attacking another actress/fan base. I, along with the other S&B fans that I know, are fully aware and secure in the fact that this chick (as well as the many others - including the dreadful Lily, who, I, too, hope I never see again - that have followed my girl) is simply a place warmer until Brenda graces this show with her wonderfuli presence once again. We certainly don't need to dredge up Twitter/message board wars like these latter day fans do.

Although the sad part about it all is that the real SKate was the only other relationship of Sonny's that I enjoyed along with S&B. It sucks that they downgraded/cheapened the Kate character by having her be used as a rebound chick when the Real Kate Howard was much more than that.

• Members

Well, I've never seen any S&Ber sink to that level, but I'll take your word for it. Such a shame, though, because those few are doing way too much instead of finding comfort in the true value of S&B. Those (such as myself) who've been there from the beginning understand that there's no need to go down that unnecessary road and I wish those few would take that cue. I hope VM's Tweet served to calm them down.

That said, I certainly share their anger towards the way that S&B was thrown under the bus to prop lesser characters/lesser pairings/a shadow of the show's former self, as it is the main reason why I kicked GH to the curb and have yet to watch a full episode (though I'll be making an exception for Edward) since VM left. However, those few S&B fans need to realize that bootleg Kate is a symptom of the fuckery that Showkiller Guza put forth. IMO, they should target their righteous anger at the jackasses that truly screwed us over - Guza/Frons/JFP.

Always has been and always will be.

Archived