GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't wait for Michael to confront Sonny about the meat hook incident, and for AJ to find out that Michael was shot in the head, killed someone, went to prison and was raped all because of Sonny.

This is so surreal. Would have never happened under Guza, it's like a dream :wub:

• Members

I'm actually looking forward to this battle, and you are right - Guza would never have done this. However, the "poor AJ" is going to get old really fast. AJ was pathetic and weak and was ready to barter Michael in exchange for acceptance and love. This began long before Guza.

We've only scratched the surface, and I'm ready for the ride. I heard a spoiler, and it's definitely on!

• Members

I hold the unpopular opinion that Sonny is a victim of Guza hack writing (I say, unpopular, because most [correctly] hold his airtime hogging status against him so much that they allowed that to blind the disservice that that hack had done to Sonny over the course of 13 years), so I'm not at all surprised to see that Ron is at a loss as to what to do with him. As much as I'd love to see Sonny revert back to the truly multilayered character that he was in the first 5-6 years of his existence, I'm realistic enough to know that that is a tall order. All of the characters that brought out Sonny's redeeming qualities have either been killed off or have left, so I can see why they're at an impasse with a character who has stuck around past his sell date (due to the horrendous past regime).

In turn, you make a good point about some fans being super intense. Heck, I admit that I (who has also been a S&B fan from the minute that he officially met her for the first time on the docks after she was moving out of Jagger's place) am very passionate about that super couple. However, I've honestly never heard of anyone from the S&B brigade ever sinking down to the same level of the latter day stans - especially since most of us are old enough to know and act better.

Archived