GH: November 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

I remember how for a while they kept trying to say Carly was the new Monica. I never really agreed with that, just because they were both bitchy, both got involved with rich Quartermaines and were given up at birth didn't mean they were the same.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On a related note, as much as I love SK's AJ (and frankly consider him to be the real AJ), I can't help but feel for BW AJ fans who were cheated out of the decent writing (so far, as I reserve the right to change my mind if Ron fvcks this up, as he's done before when it comes to revisiting the past in a soap) that the former is getting. While I never cared for his version (or the fact that showkiller Guza transformed him into a pussified punk), the least the actor could've gotten was material with a leg to stand on - material that writers had granted his predecessor then and now.

• Members

AJ, Carly, Monica, Alan, Edward, etc ruined AJ's life. The first thing Tracy wanted to do was call the police when she saw AJ. There was so much hatred in the Q house, which is why Ned (my favorite Q) wanted very little to do with them.

AJ didn't have the luxury to go to his family and do battle with Carly, Sonny and Jason, so he resorted to desperate means; but I'm not sure much of that was about getting Michael as it was gaining acceptance. There was so much pressure put on him to get that kid. The Qs showed time and again that they cared nothing for AJ, and that left him vulnerable to Carly. AJ was a weak man, and it showed in everything he did.

• Members

AJ would never ever be written strong w/the Qs behind him coming up against Jason/Sonny (not sure who the HW was during this storyline) but if it was under Guza's pen that just wouldn't happen. Hell he got busy destroying he eventually made the Qs look just as weak and pathetic then killed them off one by one...two in one year; I too am sorry BW didn't get the writing it would have made for a more interesting story. Tony was made just as weak, Ric Lansing...this is how Guza wrote those up against his mobbie pets

• Members

They went too far with the good brother/bad brother stuff, which did start before there was ever a Carly, several years before. I remember when Carly never even interacted with AJ, around mid-1996, there was a scene which upset some fans, because Alan confessed to someone that he had never loved AJ, ever since he was born. This was a heinous thing to say, and very indicative of how GH felt.

Archived