Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about Duke Buchanan from One Life. He was born in 1992, then sent away in early 1994 and rarely seen again for a long time. he was then SORAS'd in 2004 to like mid-20's (in business school) and then killed off in 2006 after sleeping with his father's wife and producing a child (which she found out about after he died.) Personally i think it was a totally useless character. they could have done so much more. come on, he was Victoria Lord's first grandchild. Asa Buchanan's third great grandchild (CJ and Sarah Roberts were his first two.)

• Members

I might not have this exactly right so someone can correct me on the details but as I understand it, Dan Stewart was born about 1958 to an 18 year old Ellen (therefore she would have been born around 1940). He was aged about 1966 to be a 23ish med student, putting his birth year around 1943. Patricia Bruder was still on the show playing his mother. His daughters Betsy & Emily were born around '69 and '72 respectively but then they were aged around 1980 so their birth years were about '61 and '64, meaning Dan would have had to have been aged again. So Bruder ended up playing mother to a character born before her and grandmother to characters. 20-25 years younger. When I watched in '87, I had trouble figuring out why a 30ish Betsy would be calling 50ish Ellen grandma! I don't know Annie & Dee's history too well but although they were aged, I think it was a relatively modest SORASing.

• Members

DAYS: Although I thought she fit in well with the Chelsea, Stephanie, etc. teen scene, I found it strange that Abigail was kept as a child when the Last Blast crew was SORAS'd into teens considering Abigail was born before Belle and Philip.

• Members

Re ATWT

Annie Stewart was born in 68 and Dee in 69.Betsy was born in 1970,so a year after Ellen became a mother for the third time she became a grandmother.That made Dee and Betsy about the same age,yet by 1980 Dee was marrying John Dixon,who was a doctor at the hospital the year she was born, while Betsy was still a young teen played by Suzanne Davidson.

• Members

On OLTL Danielle was conceived after her brother Jack but came to town older than him...and when Tea first came back to town the show foolishly referenced how long ago Tea had been left on the island...

Also when Todd returned from being held captive, they repeatedly said he was gone 8 years yet somehow his now 15 or 16 year old son never really knew him and just knew Victor Jr.

Archived