Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome

• Members

It seems like One Life To Live was pretty conservative with their SORAS'ng, even Starr stayed and grew up on screen, and when they did age the kids, they would be off screen for so long and they never aged the kids to be older than kids who were born before them.

That's leads me to DOOL, for instance CHAD...Ok rewrite history to make Chad become Stephano's son who was born when Kate was a young hooker (Before both Lucas, EJ and Phillip were all born)...Now he's apart of the TEEN scene. And there's EJ who was born in the late 90's now look at him...lol

Well on OLTL, don't forget about quickly they aged Cole....not to mention how they even changed his gender. lol

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and lets not forget One Life's Dan Wolek, the son of Merridith and Larry. He was born in 1971 but by the summer of 1984 he was all grown up and working at The Banner played by Steven Culp from Desperate Housewives. He would have been 13!

I so forgot about that, the same way OLTL did in 1991.

• Members
Ryan's Hope never SOARS'd any kids either until FMB came in right and they started with Ryan in 1985, right?

It was Joseph Hardy who started SORAS'ing kids on RYAN'S HOPE; but yeah, I think it started with Ryan, followed by John Reid Ryan.

That's leads me to DOOL, for instance CHAD...Ok rewrite history to make Chad become Stephano's son who was born when Kate was a young hooker (Before both Lucas, EJ and Phillip were all born)...Now he's apart of the TEEN scene. And there's EJ who was born in the late 90's now look at him...lol

Oh, please, let's not talk about DAYS. When it comes to SORAS'ing, that show lives to [[email protected]#$%^&*] with my brain, lol.

• Members

The Ryan's Hope thing always bothers me because viewers saw Little John age naturally for almost a decade, from the time he was an infant. That only five years later he was a grown man and had a toddler son just does not sound right.

• Members

Y&R's Victor Jr./Adam was an infant when I was taking my SATs and now that fool looks like he could be my 42-year-old brother.

I don't blame that on SORAS'ing so much as I do on bad casting. Even with taking SORAS'ing into account, Chris Engen looked younger than Josh Morrow and Amelia Heinle, and therefore age-appropriate. MM, on the other hand, looks like he could've been one of the ones who paddled Morrow's naked rear-end at his fraternity initiation.

• Members

Though not a soap, I loved Michael Muhney on Veronica Mars. He was the sexy, smart ass pr*ck everyone loved to hate. But as a Chris Engen fan, I hated him as Adam from jump and now he's showed his true colours as being a complete nutter on Twitter and various message boards.

And though not two different roles if practically feels that way ever since Melissa Reeves returned full time to DAYS being a complete mess.

• Members

Michael went into a coma as a pre-teen and woke up a teen. 12 to 17 wasnt all that drastic

The problem was aging Kristina, Molly, and Morgan too severely to match. Kristina did not need to be the same age as him especially since they were like 6 years apart. She should've been sorased to 12, since she and Morgan are a year apart him being aged to 11 with her as 12 would've been fine and Molly to 6 or 7.

Archived