GH: September 2012 Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh, pishaw! You two just don't know how lucky you are to have him... Right, Nancy Lee?

NLGFVTWEET.jpg

And, really? Who would question her judgment?

She said Guza and Pratt were going to give her new and different material when they returned back in 2002 -- Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Dobson the butler.

She said Garin Wolf really knows how to write for strong and intelligent women -- Ladies and Gentlemen, let's watch Alexis play strip pool and go back to being Sonny's mouthpiece!

So, why wouldn't I take her word this time as well?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with them on this point. There was very little in terms of actual viable characters on the canvas when Cartini came over and the stories were scarce for any characters not named Sam, Jason or Sonny. Now the cast seems a lot fuller and there seems to be more things going on. Even though I may dislike a lot of OLTL characters coming over, I can't deny that Todd and John have flushed out the cast some more and that Cartini have utilized a lot of the cast since they have been on the show. It's remarkable to me how much I enjoy some characters now that I hated, now that they have been given some attention and some focus. The show just seems much healthier now in terms of character positioning.

• Members

That's the thing that people don't get. I can understand that you can be a GH fan as well as an OLTL fan. I was a GH fan as well as an AMC fan. I understand that.

However...

That's precisely how I feel. I don't feel any need to have AMC be honored through GH any more than I feel OLTL should be honored through GH because of that exact reason.

The only AMC-ish thing that I wish would be honored through GH is Anna's loss of Leora. THAT, I do feel slighted on.

• Members

Oh man, that's just....

Shaking_head.gif

At least he and the choir have stopped pretending that it was about trying to attract viewers from the canceled soaps. If that was the case, the smart thing to do would be to bring on one character from OLTL and one from AMC (as mentioned before David Hayward would be the most logical) and really integrate them.

Honestly, RC and FV just keep finding new ways to show that they have no integrity. It's all ego and narcissism.

Archived