GH: September 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh no, I don't automatically associate a white woman wearing a wig to chemotherapy or any illness. It's just that I had seen several pictures both on her website and on Facebook from the past couple of years wear she had (what I thought was) very thick natural hair. So when I heard wig, I did wonder if she was ill because In some of the pictures I had seen recently I was under the impression her hair was naturally thick.

• Members

Ugh I hate FV

Since signing onto "General Hospital," you've managed to mix in returned Port Charles favorites and former "One Life to Live" characters to recreate the canvas. Can you talk about how you've gone about rebuilding the show?

Maybe not rebuilding, but remodeling. The show was in terrific shape, but there needed to be some tweaks. It's much more my taste, my sensibility, for the show to go just a little bit faster, but I thought there were some key characters missing – not in terms of who they were, but certain archetypes. Bringing on some of the people from "One Life to Live" was a little bit of a way to honor the "One Life to Live" audience and also to create a story that was good for the current cast.

• Members

What other elements have you focused on bringing back to Port Charles?

Romance, and I think I've been able to do that and explore romance in all of its forms. Not just candles and baths, but with the intimacy that exists between two people and what that means and how fragile and wonderful that is.

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=6c4458b2-54b2-46a7-8967-79f128902fc7#scpshrtu

• Members

Romance? Half the town consists of rapists and killers! And I was a One Life fan when it was on, but I didn't feel the need to be honored through GH because it's a different show with an entirely different tone. And I now hate John and Starr more than I ever did on One Life to Live, so he failed.

Archived