Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fans hoping The Young and the Restless' newly-appointed head writer Josh Griffith would be fixing some of Maria Area Bell's final scripts are gonna be out of luck! I'm hearing Griffith decided to leave MAB's last efforts to air as is, because it would take too much of a Herculean effort to fix them!

"Griffith has pretty much been writing the show by himself for the past few weeks, without help from anyone else on the writing team," says a source. "He's focusing on moving forward."

Apparently the once-and-current head writer wants to start fresh with new stories, as opposed to wasting too much time going in and trying to fix MAB's work.

http://daytimeconfid...ls-tenure-at-yr

• 2 months later...
  • Members

i belive CBS/Sony won't let the hack of a producer do what she did at other soaps. look at what happened to MAB if the rumours are true and she wanted to fire Sharon Case and that got her fired then I belive that means CBS has a better handle on how important the vets are to Y&R. im sure she wanted to recast the role of Lily but Sony/CBS decided against it another example how differnet CBS is to ABC. I think JFP role will just be executive producer and any recasting of a major character has to be approved by CBS/Sony. yes she's changing some things cosmeticly about the show but cast members is CBS/Sony's call not her's. another reason is the JG role he plays with the show, he's been head writter of the show before and I firmly belive he understands how important the vets are and the reason the show has been #1 for this long,

Archived