Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Members

It would be very interesting to see Jill turn into the Kay she first met in the seventies. Married to a younger man, bitter, drunk and mean to everybody. Involved in a triangle with her husband (a young lawyer) and a beautiful assistant (perhaps her niece Jennifer Foster) Someone should rewrite her paternity though. It's insane.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll go along with another retcon for Jill's true paternity as long as it ends with the revelation that she's really Bill Foster's daughter by a mistress or ONS. To me, that's the only explanation that ever would have made sense under the circumstances.

• Members

I'm only aboard a retcon of Jill's paternity if it's done upon her return. As if, Jill walks into the Chancellor mansion, Lauren's having tea with Katherine and Jill hands her the keys to Fenmores, a big cheque and declares that, while in Australia, she discovered her true parentage.

Then, YES, let's have Jill become what I think she was meant to be from Bill Bell's mind: the next Katherine...needn't be a weak drunk like our Kay, but bitter and raging and desperate to be loved, only to be scorned by her younger friend...and then to seek revenge and feud. Brilliant. I've always believed the point of Kay/Jill was for the storyline to go on till one of them died, for the other to realise what a sick, symbiotic relationship it had been and that with the death of one, the other had lost a half of themselves...I'm no fanfic writer, but I have a scene in my mind of the day Katherine dies and it's EPIC for Jill.

• Members

Jill and Kay being mother and daughter was something I had always thought would happen. I'm just surprised it took 30 years. I think it added a nice new dimension to their relationship.

IIRC, Bill Bell was still Senior EP when the mother/daughter reveal happened so wouldn't he have had to approve the storyline?

• Members

Having Jill THINK that she is Kay's daughter, be there for her during a stroke and then discover that she was wrong and keep up with the lie for Kay's sake would be much better. Then when Mrs C discovers the truth she becomes furious with Jill and a new chapter begins. But watching them having tea together and Jill calling her "Mother" was horrible.The Foster part of Jill made her much more interesting and connecting her to Lauren was the weirdest idea ever.

Archived