Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FWIW, I just dug up the episode counts from Griffith's stint as EP/HW (January to April 2008) and the most used characters during that period were Victor, Nikki, Jack, Phyllis, Nick, Sharon, Adam, Victoria, JT, Gloria, Jeffrey and Sabrina.

Other vets like Kay, Jill, Paul, Michael and Brad had very low profiles during that time.

• Members

If I were Y&R actors I would be kissing Jill's ass as much as possible. She has Steve Kent on her side. JFP is the ultimate teflon queen. Honestly I would not want to get on JFP's bad side. We all have heard JFP can be the meanest wench on the planet if you get on her S&&T list. What has happened to JFP's enemies over the years? Heck she not only ran Robin Strasser off OLTL she was able to get her blacklisted for three years. In fact Frons approved RS to return but Angela Shapiro had the same type of hate for RS that SK has for Victoria Rowell. Would speaking out against JFP or becoming a Jill enemy? Is that ever a good idea? Also in the work world would you ever speak out against your boss or try to challenge boss. Most days you would find yourself FIRED.

• Members

Jess's comment on her Facebook page is interesting:

The fan posts: "With all the recent changes at Y & R many of us sincerly hope you will be returning ~"

Jess posts: "That looks like the direction it's taking."

Now, that strikes me as if that direction wasn't set in stone and that whatever happened under MAB was simply a load of good PR for Jess's ouster...it's as if instead of just canning her for half a year like she did (twice) to MTS, MAB decided she'd save face, utilize the birth of Jess's grandson and have Jess play along, perhaps for some kind of exit bonus, perhaps out of loyalty to the Bells.

Either way, it sounds like the regime change has brought about something positive for Jess. It was obvious MAB/Sheffer/Hamner didn't like Jill, didn't understand how important the character is and how great an actress Jess is...hopefully JFP will appreciate talent.

Archived