Y&R: MAB OUT! Hamner OUT! JFP IN! Griffith IN! Sheffer UNKNOWN!

• Members

The only person who has said that was Braeden's idea was Branco. I don't think anything in this story has come across as something that makes Victor look good.

Y&R existed before Victor, but as of today all of Y&R has been destroyed, including many areas that don't involve Victor. The decimation of all of the Newman kids, the lack of a younger scene, the disrespect for the Chancellors, the racism, none of that is down to EB, in my opinion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absolutely. Victor/EB is an integral part of the show's structure. That isn't too say he should swallow the show alive...but he's far too important to get rid of. He's a tent pole character, just like Katherine, Jill, Nikki, Jack and Paul...those characters all say something different (and important) about Y&R.

Branco's about as reliable as a broken condom.

And as you've said, all of what's wrong with Y&R (bolded above) has NOTHING to do with Eric Braeden, certainly he has an ego and insists on good storyline and presence...but he's an actor, they ALL do that.

• Members

Hey Eric Braden, do STFU

click on the link to read more

http://daytimeconfid...to-stfu-already

One contract negotiation drama too many, alongside his head-in-the-sand defense of disastrous, socialite showrunner Maria Arena Bell, has me saying enough is enough. In the August 27 issue of CBS Soaps In Depth, Braeden blows hard about how wrong Bell's much-needed ouster is for the show. Said Braeden:

"I have no idea why the changes were made, he adds, shaking his head. "The powers in charge have their reasons, but I found it completely upsetting!'

• Members

I highly doubt EB needs Maria Bell and frankly her writing did him no favors and he DID criticize her writing in print also.

Victor is the only character on Y&R as it stands they can't afford to lose and I don't even like him. Everyone else on the show is disposable. And we all know why these bloggers continue to write about him because they know his name generates hits to their sites.

• Members

Same. If anything, six months from now (if not sooner), EB will likely praise JFP's "improvements" to Y&R as a much-needed breath of fresh air "and the damn closest we have come to being what this show was like under Mr. Bill Bell."

Either way, though, EB does need to STFU already.

• Members

I will say that the "30something" pairings with Braeden are not something he may have bragged about. Diane and Sharon were both written as dirty whores. I don't even know if he enjoyed throwing Diane out of the ambulance, who knows. The only "romance" was with Sabrina.

Archived