Rumor: The Future Of GH

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ha Ha. PPl should seriously do some frickin research. No where on that link does it say its going down like that. The original article even said that thiss could all be a RUMOR but SECONDLY & most important starting in sept the 3pm EST slot is back to the affiliates and about 95% of them are airing Katie. The 2pm slot is network programmed. Affilaties will have NO SAY in what airs in that slot and THIRD after how Revolution tanked, ABC will not make GMA a full series until after they see how its test run goes., That run doesnt begin til July 9 so We will not know in JUNE. PPl will believe only the negative I guess. UGHHH

• Members

Oh, I'm not suggesting that Katie Couric is carefree or that she doesn't have to worry about her talk show being marred by any sort of backlash. I am simply saying that a soap fan backlash is minuscule and insignificant compared to the larger portions of people who can't stand her.

IMO, Katie has bigger fish to fry (or, in her case, win over) than the threat of a Ten Man March over the (long overdue) cancellation of GH in front of the ABC studios

• Members

I'm guessing if it gets good numbers, it's going to stay and GH canceled. To me, if GAA was only temporary, they would move GH to 2pm when Revolution ends in July and air GAA at 3pm until Katie's show debuts, since they are doing it the other way around, says to me, if it gets good ratings, GH is done.

• Members

I don't see ABC pulling GMAITA off the air for 3 or 4 months and bringing it back if it does well. Why would they want to lose the momentum. I still think the most likely option is affiliates will be given the option of one or the other and GH might air in an alternate overnight timeslot on those that decide not to air it at 2:00 until it slowly just dies off.

Archived